Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's a good price for 2 Cases of 2008 Bowman???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
I got a seller to let two cases go for $740 each...that includes bing, ebay bucks, etc.

Is that a decent deal?

Have most cases yielded atleast 1 heyward?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
I got a seller to let two cases go for $740 each...that includes bing, ebay bucks, etc.

Is that a decent deal?

Good luck to you, but no most cases don't include at least one heyward. Hope you get lucky!

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Mudcatsfan said:
jdacunha said:

Is that a decent deal?

Good luck to you, but no most cases don't include at least one heyward. Hope you get lucky!

ugh...than maybe not worth busting.

Is 2007 Draft a better buy considering I should get atleast 4-5 chromes + base and gold or heyward?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jdacunha said:
Mudcatsfan said:
jdacunha said:

Is that a decent deal?

ugh...than maybe not worth busting.

Is 2007 Draft a better buy considering I should get atleast 4-5 chromes + base and gold or heyward?

I got as few as 2 chromes, 4 base, 2 golds in my cases. The price increase over the last month outweighs the increase in Heyward non parallel prices.

Looks like there were 18 or so autos in 08 Bowman, so I certainly wouldn't count on getting 1, let alone 2

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Here’s what I got out of 3 ’07 bcdp cases recently (when they were 400, so worth busting imo):

8 chrome heywards
15 base (non chrome) heywards
5-8 base (non chrome) gold heywards
0 heyward parallels (not even a blue #/399)

this reflects about the average for my 07 bcdp cases + I’ve busted 50+ 07 bcdp cases

while some 07 bcdp cases did yield 4-5 chromes of 'big guys,' more often than not, that was NOT the case in my experience + on average, you get 2-3 chromes/guy/case

07 bcdp is worth busting @ 400 or less

08 bowman isn't worth the bust @ current prices imo as many cases are 'duds' (not even big guys like moose, madbum, etc., much less heyward)

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
What about 07 elite extra edition? Look at all the rookies in there.

You might get 1 or 2 Heywards in a 20 box case but you might also get Laporta, Mous, Wieters, A jack just to name a few

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
All In Cards said:
What about 07 elite extra edition? Look at all the rookies in there.

You might get 1 or 2 Heywards in a 20 box case but you might also get Laporta, Mous, Wieters, A jack just to name a few

hmm...might make more sense.

$2000 for a 20 box case

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
lisu said:
I enjoyed ripping my case of 08 Bowman, but I didn't get any Heywards - I was however satisfied with what I got. :)

I bought 4 boxes of 08 Bowman right before spring training. Pulled a Heyward chome auto, Josh Bell chrome auto, Josh Bell xfractor auto, and David Price xfractor auto. Couldn't have really asked for much better than that.

Members online

Latest posts