Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO MR. CUSTOM 200LBHOCKEYPLAYER!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
A while ago I finished completing the 1999 UD 500 club a piece of history set. To me the set is amazing and I love looking at it everyday :) . In the last 10 years since they made the set they have added new additions of those player who made it to 500 except for 2 player :? , Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez. I know that Arod has a contract with Topps but come on im sure they could have worked something out with him by now and I am not sure why they never made a Bonds (Maybe for the same reason?). I found 2 replacement cards for Bonds and Arod but just dint feel or look the same not having those 2 guys with the same design and just dint seem right so I contacted 200lbhockeyplayer and he agreed to help me complete the set and today I recieved my 2 missing pieces.

Here is the Set:

500CLUB3.jpg

If you notice the Bonds and Arod, even though they have the same bat pieces, just really did not look right with the rest of the group. So we (or Mike did ;)) took out the 2 bat pieces of the Arod and Bonds shown in the Frame and placed them in these 2 cards :D

BarryBonds500ClubBat.jpg

AlexRodriguez500ClubBat.jpg

I have the Manny (Not pictured) and the Sheff incomming and once I get it in I will get a Much better pic with all of them together in order of Homers (Which will change again after this season). I got to really Thank 200lbhockeyplayer for getting this done for me as I know the guy is really busy and he still took the time to make it happen . So with out futher a do THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIKE!!!!!!!Have a good evening guys :)

Ps. And yes being that I have his work in hand he has to be the best Custom Maker around as these cards are perfect..

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
How does he get anything else done???? His work gets better and better. Great job Mike and congrats Tony! That set is priceless.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Whoa! :eek: I've gotta admit, I was hoping someone would do this. The end result is SWEET!!! congrats on finishing the set.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Very nice, but he's breaking copyright laws producing those. Even without the UD logo, he's using the exact same design. It is a copyrighted work and there can very well be legal action taken against him.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
gracecollector said:
Very nice, but he's breaking copyright laws producing those. Even without the UD logo, he's using the exact same design. It is a copyrighted work and there can very well be legal action taken against him.
First off, I would be shocked to see UD waste their time taking legal action for anything like this, just like I would doubt that MLB or similar leagues would take action for any usage of their logos in a non-licensed manner. Like your banner, people doing custom Allen & Ginter cards...with or without the Topps logos.

That said, chasing someone down for paying homage to complete one of the most sought after game-used bats sets and as 1/1s...it's a little extreme.

Regardless, they have my contact information.

Members online