Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best places to pick up vintage for reasonable prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
In the past few weeks I've made a few attempts to get into vintage. Without a ton of funds to buy slabbed versions of the best players, I've been trying to find low quality graded cards or even raw. However, I'm really worried about spending too much and possibly not even getting an authentic card if I get raw stuff. The raw stuff is definately more in my price range though. I've heard various things about where to and not to buy stuff. I almost got a raw '56 Jackie Robinson off checkoutmycards.com, but I made an offer instead of hitting the BIN, for fear of getting ripped off and it looks like someone else hit the BIN. So, where do you all end up getting your vintage?

ebay
card shows
other forums (are there some other good vintage sites?)
sportlots
sportsbuy
checkoutmycards
other

I know I've been asking a lot of questions for someone who hasn't really even picked up any vintage yet, but I appreciate all the help. I just want to join the club :lol:

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Make sure you check out some of the dealers through the vintage dealers link on the net54 site as well. I've gotten some nice deals on some nice cards.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Thanks Leon. I've been reading those forums quite a bit lately, watching the Ken Burns series, and really enjoying vintage much more. I just made my second vintage purchase this week which brought me my first pre war HoFer. I'm pretty excited to get the card in but I'll hold off posting who it is till it comes :D

Members online

Latest posts