Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is buying some of these cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
So i get when a prospect comes out people go out an start buying there chrome cards or other rookie cards from the get go. I get this sometimes these prices are super low as in only a dollar or so.

When the prospect starts doing well we see another big jump in the value of his card it might go from a 1-4 dollar chrome auto to a 10-20 dollar regular chrome auto. This is when more prospectors start buying his cards.

Next a prospect reaches a top 100 list, is close to making the show or is having a great season in AA or AAA. We see his cards make another jump to the 20-40 dollars sometimes for there chrome autos if they are considered a good player who will make the next level

Now when the player gets the call up to the majors an starts out hot an maybe even stays hot an his chrome autos are in the hundred dollar area who is collecting and paying the redicioulus prices. The prospector has already cashed out an yes player collectors are buying them but all an all who are these ppl paying hundreds for certain prospect auto's that probably have hit there resale value top. Yes if they win the world series or wins a season award or breaks a record they can still go up but those dont always happen.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
who buys them in your final scenario------people who think they are prospectors but in reality are a little late to the game
they are usually the ones that finally become interested in playing after the baseball america hot sheet/list comes out

also am not exactly it goes step 1, 2 3, 4 as described
sometimes it goes 1 straight to 3 to 4
sometimes 1 to 2 back to 1 then 2, 4 ,etc
^^^ yeah kind of goofy but basically trying to say that there is no exact science

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think it's a bunch of casual baseball fans who ESPN have convinced they are buying the next '52 Mantle.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i believe that you also get a lot of big collectors with big money that want to add the next big thing to their collection. the ones who dont have the time to do the research until the cards get to that top price level but have the cash to do it just because. and then you have the guys who just so happened to be at the first game when heyward hits that homerun and then it spreads from there.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Some of us buy RC's and RC Autos because they play for our team..

adam-moore-gold.jpg

adam-moore-red.jpg

I got these when he was just starting in the M's org..

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
i think it goes both ways some guys are willing to pay 100-300 once they know a guy is in the bigs and on his way to being a superstar. instead of paying the same amount on a bunch of guys who are supposed to be stars and only a few make it. I believe it all evens out. Some guys are willing to gamble and and hope to hit the jackpot and some guys are more comfortable with the sure thing

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I was mostly wondering the person who is paying the few hundred for a card. The end-buyer is really what i was searching for.

also am not exactly it goes step 1, 2 3, 4 as described
sometimes it goes 1 straight to 3 to 4
sometimes 1 to 2 back to 1 then 2, 4 ,etc
^^^ yeah kind of goofy but basically trying to say that there is no exact science

Ya i know its not an exact science some prospects even start out at step 3 an in a year they arent even around step 1 anymore. Prospecting is a gamble but it is alot of fun. I have been doing it for over a year an can say i have hit well on a few an struck out only really on 1 (anthony hewitt) but he is playing better this season and he is still mighty young.

Members online

Latest posts