Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Neftali Feliz Named as Rangers New Closer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I still don't understand what the hell Texas is trying to do. They keep saying they haven't given up on him as a starter, and everyone wants him a starter, but then.... this?

C.J. Wilson did well, very well, in his first start but I don't get it.

The Rangers are going to find themselves in a pinch when they do move him to SP and the fans raise hell because they remember just how dominant he was as a RP.

Stunting his growth, if you ask me. They should be bringing him along the same way they're bringing along Holland.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I have feliz and francisco on my team. They should have left feliz in yesterday instead of bring in ff.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
pigskincardboard said:
I still don't understand what the hell Texas is trying to do. They keep saying they haven't given up on him as a starter, and everyone wants him a starter, but then.... this?

C.J. Wilson did well, very well, in his first start but I don't get it.

The Rangers are going to find themselves in a pinch when they do move him to SP and the fans raise hell because they remember just how dominant he was as a RP.

Stunting his growth, if you ask me. They should be bringing him along the same way they're bringing along Holland.

(Joba Part Deux)

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
As much as I would love to see him start, I think he would be an excellent permanent closer. He is by far the most dominating pitcher on the rangers and unfortunately at this time in his career falls apart after a bad pitch or 2. I think using him as a closer may be whats best for him and the rangers in the short term.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Here's Feliz IP auto I got at a game few years back

felizrestkoauto0001kq8.jpg

Latest posts