Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is there a card # that has ever been ingrained in your head?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
I know this is a bit abstract, but I know set builders get one card # stuck in their brain from time to time...

For me, the reason why I bring this up, is that I was going to a buisness this morning on a sales call, and the street # was 182....and I immediately thought "Darryl Strawberry 1984 Topps RC". When I was 13 (that would be in 1984) my father had a guy working for him that also had a card shop on the side. He would ask me to get him commons in bulk (at the time, 100 at a time was bulk for him) and in exchange, he would get me any card from 84 that I wanted. So, every week or two, my father would bring a stack with him to work, with a note from me that said "Topps 182" and the next day, I would have another Strawberry RC.

Anyone else have one stuck in their head?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
The first one that came to my mind was #182 for the 1984 Topps Strawberry. I couldn't believe that was the one you referenced first. I also seem to recall that #150 was Dale Murphy and #490 was Cal Ripken from the same set.

#620 will always be the 1985 Topps Dwight Gooden RC.

#311 for the 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle SP, and #407 for the Eddie Mathews RC from the same set.

David

Members online

Latest posts