Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fake or Not Fake, someone please help! I think i got fooled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey guys, some of you may have saw this on ebay...and NO I DID NOT PAY 500 for it! NOWAY! But i did buy it for less than half of that...i was wondering if anyone knows FOR A FACT if it is fake...i know they are out there with 09 Ultimate Patches but i want to make sure. If so, what advice do you have for me...Because as of now, it is just speculations! It could be real just as it could be fake! I might go to Upper Deck with this issue...

BprM8SgBWkKGrHqMH-D8EuGm7lNbWBLsZp4.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Im gonna move this to the main Baseball hobby talk board, you should get more responses over there as this is the transaction board for sales and trades.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
The centering looks too good for it to be real. I would say its fake... Sorry dude... If you haven't payed yet don't pay and take the strike, if you did pay just send the seller a message that you feel is right to send and try and get the money back from paypal

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I am not at all familiar with this patch. What year is it from and do you have any reference photos of Chipper wearing it? Have you seen any of the other Chipper Ultimate patches using this patch piece?

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
ya they have worn it over the past years! i actually have a poster, and on his sleeve is the exact patch! And i have a mccann that i know for a fact is 100% authentic! soo it is used, but ive never seen chipper cards with it! i saw one before of th elower have of it, but that two was "supposedly" fake! so im not sure...

here is the mccann

McCannCBpatch.jpg

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
It might help to know who the seller is that you bought it from. There are many well known patch fakers and knowing who you bought it from might help to determine if it has been altered.

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
His ebay name was cardcontractor (1849 feedback 100%)

i know the site i found that said it was fake also said the flacco he is selling/sold is also fake.

Let me know if you know this guy, however HE IS GIVING ME A FULL REFUND so i cant complain :)

First time i went off gut instinct instead of researching! never will happen again! I always research and for some reason i didnt this time....

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
No idea about the patch, there have been some sweet ones out of ultimate. However, why the hell, in the internet age, dont these companies scan all their awesome patches (they are usually limited numbered) so collectors know for sure? Plus if I could go online and look at possible sweet patches to pull I'd be more likely to buy their products.

Justin

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Here are other cards sold by cardcontractor. A lot of buybacks with some nicely centered logo patches thrown in.

How long have you had that McCann? And do you know what year they wore the patch? I'd like to look it up and see what the whole thing looks like.

Members online

Latest posts