Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
How many of you guys and ladies plan on going this year? I am for my senior trip staying in Phoenix. Have a couple of questions as well. How many baseballs should i bring if i want to get autos? How expensive are tickets and what park is the easiest to reach players to get autos? The final question are players much more willing to sign during Spring Training then the regular season?

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I can't wait for ST to start....I just don't know if we here in Sarasota are going to get the Orioles now that we lost the Reds

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Decided that I would make Port Charlotte my base of operations for Spring Training 2009. I also decided that I am going before games start just to watch and graph pratices. I went last fall to Instructs and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and I have been told the 1st week of Spring Training pratices are relaxed also. This will also allow me to save money by not having to buy tickets and $10.00 worth of Coke products inside the stadium like last year. Last year, I spent a week in the Orlando area and went way over budget due to traveling cost and admission to Braves games. Plan on spending a day with the Rays, Pirates, Reds, Red Sox and Twins. If the Rays new park is a zoo, I will just spend two days with the Reds.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
19braves77 said:
Decided that I would make Port Charlotte my base of operations for Spring Training 2009. I also decided that I am going before games start just to watch and graph pratices. I went last fall to Instructs and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and I have been told the 1st week of Spring Training pratices are relaxed also. This will also allow me to save money by not having to buy tickets and $10.00 worth of Coke products inside the stadium like last year. Last year, I spent a week in the Orlando area and went way over budget due to traveling cost and admission to Braves games. Plan on spending a day with the Rays, Pirates, Reds, Red Sox and Twins. If the Rays new park is a zoo, I will just spend two days with the Reds.

I plan on going to the first game in PC. Besides that, I'll probably go to the Twins game when the Rays play in Ft. Myers.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
kruzie3 said:
I might go for the first time to Sarasota.. I wanna catch the Reds for their last year there :(

I live in Sarasota...I thought the Reds were done here?

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I live in Tucson and I usually just go to the Diamondbacks games here. Hopefully they can find a team to fill in for the White Sox or else I will be out of luck.

I had a great time last year, I was fortunate enough to catch a few baseballs, and get them signed along with some cards and 8x10s. It was a blast, I hope you have a great time in Phoenix!

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
DukeandKSUFanatic said:
have any of you guys recevied any game used stuff while you guys were at the games or practices?

I haven't personally, but I saw Justin Morneau ignore some little kids to give a bat to a good looking young lady, can't say I blame him!

I haven't been to many practices, but I have seen players give away countless items during pre-game stuff.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:
I might go for the first time to Sarasota.. I wanna catch the Reds for their last year there :(

This is their last year there... they start in AZ in 2010

Wow I live here and thought they were done after this last year...I guess I will get a team ball signed cause I work at the airport and we work there charter flight when they leave...I got to meet just about the whole team last year which was pretty cool

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:

Wow I live here and thought they were done after this last year...I guess I will get a team ball signed cause I work at the airport and we work there charter flight when they leave...I got to meet just about the whole team last year which was pretty cool
Thats really cool... I live in Cincinnati and it was a pretty big deal about them moving from Sarasota... I really wanna go down for this last year

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
DukeandKSUFanatic said:
have any of you guys recevied any game used stuff while you guys were at the games or practices?
Jeff Davanon gave me his batting gloves while he was a diamondback. It's not like he is a huge star or anything, but it was still pretty cool.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:

Thats really cool... I live in Cincinnati and it was a pretty big deal about them moving from Sarasota... I really wanna go down for this last year

Well hop on Comair and fly on down....thats who I work for

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
kruzie3 said:
ahill1 said:
[quote="kruzie3":htu7f83s]I might go for the first time to Sarasota.. I wanna catch the Reds for their last year there :(

Well hop on Comair and fly on down....thats who I work for[/quote:htu7f83s]

Haha.. that would be cool

DukeandKSUFanatic

Aug 8, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
DukeandKSUFanatic said:

I haven't personally, but I saw Justin Morneau ignore some little kids to give a bat to a good looking young lady, can't say I blame him!

I haven't been to many practices, but I have seen players give away countless items during pre-game stuff.
Thats pretty cool that they give stuff away. I think we will try and go see most of the ballparks as we can in a weeks time.

Members online

Latest posts