Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

any Autographers in here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
so I wanted to see if anyone has started IP autographing yet?
I went to the Gwinnett Braves game with Mike Mccoy (Lurker on the board), and Gilmo.
I got Jordan Danks, Dayan Viciedo (on a OMLB) and Phil Niekro (on a OMLB).
Oh yea Dan Hudson on a ROLB, he is a real winner, "sorry I won't sign but one thing"

Just curious if anyone has hit the circuit yet

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I start this weekend . average 20 a game . only told no by a couple players in years . most at a game 54

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
The Pirates have alumni signings during just about every day game early in the season. I was able to get Vern Law, Rick Reuschel, and Manny Sanguillen thus far. I'll be trying for autos of active players during the next homestand.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
brianga26 said:
Oh yea Dan Hudson on a ROLB, he is a real winner, "sorry I won't sign but one thing"
What a loser for signing an autograph for you! He should have ignored everyone else and opened an ebay store with you to help sell off the autographs :lol:

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
nyc3 said:
brianga26 said:
What a loser for signing an autograph for you! He should have ignored everyone else and opened an ebay store with you to help sell off the autographs :lol:

I don't blame him to sign only one. I was getting a ball and one card signed. I didn't present him a book of cards like some of the D.B do sometimes at a game. I am the chill Auto guy that gives them a ball and a card to sign.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
brianga26 said:
nyc3 said:
brianga26 said:

I don't blame him to sign only one. I was getting a ball and one card signed. I didn't present him a book of cards like some of the D.B do sometimes at a game. I am the chill Auto guy that gives them a ball and a card to sign.

I am busting your shoes :lol: I hate the internet you can never tell :D

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Went to Appleton on Sunday. Timberrattlers(Brewers) vs Clinton(Mariners)
Mariners-Sigs
James Jones
Mario Martinez
Gabriel Noriega
Dennis Raben

After the game all Brewers players sign up on the concourse for a few minutes.
Eric Arnett
Kyle Heckathorn
Cameron Garfield
Khris Davis
Jake Odorizzi
All guys pretty cool about signing.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Why do you need more than 1 item? To trade and stuff?

I never understood the poitn of an IP autograph that you didn't get yourself.

Because you have more than one item that you want signed, that's why you need more than one. Because you want it.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
andyduke86 said:
Penno said:
I think I might try the Rome Braves on Saturday

They are a great signing team, though Arodys is a little weird.

Definitely. I had a great night there a couple a years ago getting Heyward, Freeman, Cody Johnson, Jeff Locke, and a lot of others. Lately, I only seem to get a few sigs, as there are only a few I want. This year though, they have a lot of guys that I'm interested in/have cards of, so I'm excited.

I've also heard about Arodys being kinda hard to get, but reports out of ST were that he eased up a bit after being paired up with Julio Teheran.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Penno said:
andyduke86 said:
Penno said:
I think I might try the Rome Braves on Saturday

They are a great signing team, though Arodys is a little weird.

Definitely. I had a great night there a couple a years ago getting Heyward, Freeman, Cody Johnson, Jeff Locke, and a lot of others. Lately, I only seem to get a few sigs, as there are only a few I want. This year though, they have a lot of guys that I'm interested in/have cards of, so I'm excited.

I've also heard about Arodys being kinda hard to get, but reports out of ST were that he eased up a bit after being paired up with Julio Teheran.

Yep, I saw them opening day and have heard Teheran is working on Arodys! They all sign though you'll have no problem with them. I was there mostly to take photos of Teheran and a few other Braves so I can get them signed in a few weeks when they come back. Got some good ones.

They also have a few guys in Pro Debut as well. Keep an eye on Bethancourt, I have a good feeling about that kid.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Did you get the Morgan bat Tramers ?

My main reason for getting more then one card signed is to have something to trade or something to support my needs later on...Last ST, I brought a huge box of signed cards and traded with people while graphing the Pirates outside the stadium. I was trading doubles that I obtained from players in 1996 in Birmingham Alabama for 04 Bowman Hertiage signed cards. I recently sold $719.00 worth of autographed cards, unsigned bats, signed programs, and ticket stubs that didn't fit any nitch in my collection while preparing to move to Utah from Alabama. With the programs, they were free and I had the player or team sign multiples over a course of a season. Tickey Stubs were signed because what else do you do with them when the game is over ? Bats are nice but a pain to store and pack. I have since then bought a dozen baseballs, a complete 2009 Topps set, a 450 card lot of 2010 Topps Minor League Debut, a 1990 Leaf set in pages, 1984 Topps & 1982 Fleer vending boxes, and a 1992 Topps set in pages. I bought these sets because I have been working on them and needed new cards that I sent TTM that never got returned. Did I really make any money ? I imagine I only cleared about $200.00 profit when you factor in all the cost it took me to get the items signed and then the fees to sell them. Did I part with anything that I can not live without ? I doubt it. Do I still have a couple of signed items by the players ? Yes.

Trust me. I have been the guy that didn't get is ball signed because someone presented Andy Marte with 10 8x10's and I also have been the guy that takes someone else's cards to a game to get signed over my cards because the cards fill his needs more then mine.

This kind of stuff always balances out.

Members online

Latest posts