Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols/Howard - Who is the better overall asset to his team

Who is the better overall asset to his team?

• Albert Pujols

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Who is the better overall asset to his team?

Albert Pujols' career per-162 game statictics

R 124 H 199 2B 45 3B 2 HR 43 RBI 130 SB 7 W 94 K 66 BA .334 OBP .427 SLG .629 OPS 1.057 TB 375 XBH% 12.6 Fielding% .994

Ryan Howard's career per-162 game statistics

R 103 H 167 2B 31 3B 3 HR 49 RBI 143 SB 2 W 89 K 193 BA .280 OBP .376 SLG .589 OPS .965 TB 351 XBH% 11.9 Fielding% .990

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Howard has a little more power and more RBIs (product of being on a superior team?), but Pujols is easily the better player.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Pujols. Fielding percentage doesn't tell the whole story on how good a guy is with the glove either. He gets to balls that Howard does not. Just a more complete player, and the best in the game. Tremendous approach, strikes out an unbelievably low amount for someone with his power, and always puts in a good at bat. I can live with someone saying Howard is the best at driving in runs, because he's good for 140 every year thanks to his lineup.

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
i dont get why this continues to be a debate anywhere. Albert Pujols is one of the best handful of hitters of all time and plays a stellar first base. Ryan Howard hasnt even been the best player on his team during the duration of his career (that would be the ever underrated Chase Utley).

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
pujolsjunkie said:
Pujols. Fielding percentage doesn't tell the whole story on how good a guy is with the glove either. He gets to balls that Howard does not. Just a more complete player, and the best in the game. Tremendous approach, strikes out an unbelievably low amount for someone with his power, and always puts in a good at bat. I can live with someone saying Howard is the best at driving in runs, because he's good for 140 every year thanks to his lineup.

Have you seen howard play first base since last year? Believe me... I know pujols is a better overall player as much as I love Howard! But, Howard has ridiculous reach and makes some amazing diving plays that would surprise you! He has made so many diving catches and stops I can assure you he can get to anything pujols can and maybe more. His problem is he messes up on his throw to second and occasionally on an easy play, but he has gotten WAY better especially since his weight loss before the 2009 season!!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
why does this stupid argument keep coming up? when it is all said and done, pujols is top 3 in the history game, howard wont be in the top 20. can we end this nonsense already?

PUJOLS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HOWARD, WILL NEVER CHANGE

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Until i see Pujols in a Subway commercial i have to go with Howard. :lol:

JK this is no contest and i cant believe that many people voted Howard.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
moxacaine said:
Until i see Pujols in a Subway commercial i have to go with Howard. :lol:

JK this is no contest and i cant believe that many people voted Howard.

Homers obviously.

Sure, the Cardinals are my team, but I could never argue that if I were in a Philly fans shoes.

It's just stupid.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
During the 08 series, Howard performed well and the Phillies won the series, During the 09 series, Howard did very bad and they lost the series... So when Howard is not in a slump he helps his team very well. Howard had a lot of game winning HR's that help them make the playoffs. In the last two years, Howard has done more for his team than Pujols has. Winning games when your team needs you to is being an asset to your team.

Latest posts