Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting Lineup Figures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phish

May 19, 2009
I picked up my first Walker and I was wondering if I should break it out of the box and display it. I have no intention of ever selling it, so what do you guys suggest?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
+1

unless its the 88 versions, the rest have little to no value.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The cards by them selves are actually a lot more difficult to find. That said, they will never sell for more than the sealed status. Assume $10 with shipping for most slu's

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have almost every different Corinthian Headliner ever made including a Frank Thomas piece that's probably rarer than any McFarlane.

As for SLUs, I'm with the other posters... I keep some encased but like having the cards to go along with my player collections. If I care enough about the player I just buy two of the SLUs.

SLUs on eBay can actually be a little tricky for your better players. It costs at least $6 to ship them and a non-rookie piece of a good player (barry sanders comes to mind for me) will sell for $10+... I only mention it because I don't like the thought of paying $16-25 for something I'm just going to break open for the card(s).

Such are the inner turmoils of the completist.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I have a couple dozen of them and was considering opening some to give to my two year old to play with.

I am just too afraid there painted with lead based paint :?

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
rehmus said:
I have almost every different Corinthian Headliner ever made including a Frank Thomas piece that's probably rarer than any McFarlane.

As for SLUs, I'm with the other posters... I keep some encased but like having the cards to go along with my player collections. If I care enough about the player I just buy two of the SLUs.

SLUs on eBay can actually be a little tricky for your better players. It costs at least $6 to ship them and a non-rookie piece of a good player (barry sanders comes to mind for me) will sell for $10+... I only mention it because I don't like the thought of paying $16-25 for something I'm just going to break open for the card(s).

Can't you just use a medium sized Priority Mail box from USPS? I'd think that they're light enough to be under 1 pound and decently protected.

Also, since it's pretty uncommon for people to mention SLU's, if anyone wants some send me a PM. I need to start clearing some space in the garage :) If you're looking for cards for your PCs, we might be able to work something out that benefits us both.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Zithy said:
rehmus said:

Can't you just use a medium sized Priority Mail box from USPS? I'd think that they're light enough to be under 1 pound and decently protected.

Also, since it's pretty uncommon for people to mention SLU's, if anyone wants some send me a PM. I need to start clearing some space in the garage :) If you're looking for cards for your PCs, we might be able to work something out that benefits us both.

you can. i can. the d-bags on ebay, however, charge $6+ for shipping on almost any SLU.

I'm looking for a few SLU cards myself...
1992 Barry Sanders (AND the foldout poster)
1993 Shaq (should be 2 cards)
any Bo Jackson NFL cards
... probably some others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I have some random SLU's and Headliners - if anyone wants/needs them, I'm sure we can work something out. SLU's include a Frank Thomas and a Kevin Millwood rookie and the Headliners include a giant Ken Griffey Jr., a Chipper Jones, and some sluggers set of 8 featuring a bunch of stars (Griffey, McGwire, Bonds, etc). Let me know.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Actually, I think the $6 might be fair. I was thinking it was only $4.85 but that's for the small Flat Rate, which is definitely too small for SLUs.

So the larger Priority Mail boxes are close to $6, which is frustrating when you want to sell hundreds of SLUs for just a few bucks each.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Way off topic, but does Larry Walker really only have 14 autos in his entire collection? That seems small to me.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Im looking to pick up the SLU cards.. I have all of the sealed SLU's but want the loose cards as well. I have a few of them loose but need the 88 and the whole 1991-2000 run still.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
1989 is the tough one for Gwynn...Always goes over $100 it seems. Not even a rookie piece, just a short print I guess.
Hey, I pay good money for worthless pieces of cardboard, but I REFUSE to pay good money for a worthless piece of plastic!!

But if ya have one let me know.... :D

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
I posted a pic somewhere in the General Chat for some thread, but here's one again :)

Sadly, out of those two rows stacked to the rafters, there's no 89 Gwynn -- least, I don't think so . . .

Image125.jpg

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Zithy said:
I posted a pic somewhere in the General Chat for some thread, but here's one again :)

Sadly, out of those two rows stacked to the rafters, there's no 89 Gwynn -- least, I don't think so . . .

Image125.jpg

hahahaa, i have a similar picture but it's star wars figures.

My wife still loves me somehow.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm pretty sure I have an 89 Gwynn. I remember it 'booking' at one point for crazy money... unfortunately, when I got it I was 7, so I took it out and played with it! I still have the card in a screw down, though it's not in the greatest of conditions (not that I recall, anyway). It's not in terrible shape, just not perfect.

Can't say I regret opening it, though - I was a kid and enjoyed it!

Phish

May 19, 2009
markakis8 said:
Way off topic, but does Larry Walker really only have 14 autos in his entire collection? That seems small to me.

Actually I think there may be only 13, but I could be wrong. I remember another Walker collector telling me that one doesn't exist.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Zithy said:

Image125.jpg

That is awesome.
Do you regret this b/c of their current value or are you hopeful for the future?
I have a few hundred Headliners and I don't regret getting them at all.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
I regret not having Ebay when I had my Hasbro account heh

Absolutely no reason I should still have them, but that kinda happens at times. By that, I mean they should have been sold a long, long time ago when they had more value.

Members online