Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Maine SUCKS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
How is this guy a #2 starter? The Mess are in for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng season... this is what happens when you enter the season with 4 question marks in your starting rotation.

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
The good thing for us Mets fans is that we can usually go to bed early because we are down by 5+ runs in the 4th inning and we don't perform comebacks well. I didn't have high expectations this year. Probably shouldn't have any at all.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
He's not that bad, ERA is 13.50 that means he gives up less than 2 touchdowns (w/extra points) a game.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I feel for Mets fans. Every year they trot out a huge payroll with the worst starting pitching in baseball. If only they could find some SPs to go with that lineup. I am a big Wright and Beltran fan, so I somewhat root for the Mets, but man that pitching is awful.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Greg Smith, on the other hand, is looking stellar so far tonight. Pleasant surprise.

Nice thrown by Seth Smith there, BTW.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
zach said:
One day the Wilpons will wake up and get a new GM.

Our only hope is for them to sell the team which won't happen - they have no idea what's going on.

At this point, I'd like to see them try and move Reyes, Beltran (if he has any value at the deadline) and Johan, yes Johan Santana. He's going to rot on this team during his remaining All Star years and have nothing to show for it. It would be good for his career and could help us re-stock the farm system. Get me some young Boston arms or young Dodgers for Johan and let the rebuilding process begin.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
matty07 said:
I still dont understand how Maniaya has a job

Because he does what the Wilpons tell him to do. It really is not Omar's fault as much as it is the Wilpons'. Minaya may have less power as a GM than any other GM in the league.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
JEA2880 said:
zach said:

Our only hope is for them to sell the team which won't happen - they have no idea what's going on.

At this point, I'd like to see them try and move Reyes, Beltran (if he has any value at the deadline) and Johan, yes Johan Santana. He's going to rot on this team during his remaining All Star years and have nothing to show for it. It would be good for his career and could help us re-stock the farm system. Get me some young Boston arms or young Dodgers for Johan and let the rebuilding process begin.

Ehh..with Lester, Lackey, Beckett, and Clay all locked up through 2014, SP is the last thing Boston needs. Now if David Wright were somehow made available... :D

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Jays_Cards said:
JEA2880 said:
zach said:

Ehh..with Lester, Lackey, Beckett, and Clay all locked up through 2014, SP is the last thing Boston needs. Now if David Wright were somehow made available... :D

This was a perfect year for the Mets to lay low and not make any real moves. Then next off season they can go after some good talent that will be available with some extra money.

Members online

Latest posts