Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

LocalCardShop.com is up with 54 stores in 18 states

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
http://www.localcardshop.com/

Just to fill you guys in on what this is.

Starting now, in every single Hobby publication known to mankind (All sport Beckett plus Baseball, FB, BKB, HKY, Racing Beckett's, Tuff Stuff, SCD and a few others) there will be a 2 page spread in every issue, every month, promoting brand new products, specials and freebies.

Obviously, this isnt a magazine only thing as anyone can see the ads on the website.

Basically, its a very large joint venture between over 50 Hobby stores (yours truly included in NY under BBC Galaxee or my link below) in 18 states.

Every month (at minimum) there will be free items handed out with a certain price purchase. Also every month there will be specials on wax ranging from recent to back products.

The links go to the info page for each store (some have to be updated as they join) and their website.

There will be other promotions to follow. This has gone from just an idea to full blown all out in only a few months with more stores being added.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Very nice! My buddy's store mentioned in my Sig is already there.

Hope all this helps and as always good luck to all the shops out there!

Jul 30, 2009
This joint venture was discussed at the just concluded Vegas conference and went over amazingly and I am expecting it to really take off.

If interested contact my rep [email protected] and he will explain it all.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
011873 said:

Starting now, in every single Hobby publication known to mankind (All sport Beckett plus Baseball, FB, BKB, HKY, Racing Beckett's, Tuff Stuff, SCD and a few others) there will be a 2 page spread in every issue, every month, promoting brand new products, specials and freebies.

Obviously, this isnt a magazine only thing as anyone can see the ads on the website.

Basically, its a very large joint venture between over 50 Hobby stores (yours truly included in NY under BBC Galaxee or my link below) in 18 states.

Every month (at minimum) there will be free items handed out with a certain price purchase. Also every month there will be specials on wax ranging from recent to back products.

The links go to the info page for each store (some have to be updated as they join) and their website.

There will be other promotions to follow. This has gone from just an idea to full blown all out in only a few months with more stores being added.

Razor has committed to supply free items and other opportunities for this group of retailers.
I think it is a GREAT promotional tool for stores and I am 100% in support of this.
BG

p.s.- I do NOT think they should advertise shows. Shows do not help the local hobby store.

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
razorent said:
011873 said:

Razor has committed to supply free items and other opportunities for this group of retailers.
I think it is a GREAT promotional tool for stores and I am 100% in support of this.
BG

p.s.- I do NOT think they should advertise shows. Shows do not help the local hobby store.

I know the shows and shops around here drive a lot of business back and forth. Its all a matter of how they are set up.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
razorent said:
011873 said:

BG

Could you be more short sighted?

1) Store owners can go to shows and set up, making additional sales and CREATING CUSTOMERS. LOW COST ADVERTISING TO YOUR HARD TO LOCATE CLIENTELE!

2) Even if store owners don't go to shows, shows provide a face to face networking of many people who have the same interest. If there's not a show for another month, that desire for more face to face interaction will lead to seeking out congregations of dork--er, people who colelct baseball cards. Where to look, other than the card aisles of Target & WalMart? Your local card store... therefore, the show provides more business to the store.

3) Shows keep the drive for collectors to keep collecting. Without shows, the drive to collect may wane and therefore, the stores don't have a customer any longer.

There are many, many more reasons why the stores need shows and shows need stores.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
lcskitty2.jpg

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
razorent said:
011873 said:

BG

Could you be more short sighted?

1) Store owners can go to shows and set up, making additional sales and CREATING CUSTOMERS. LOW COST ADVERTISING TO YOUR HARD TO LOCATE CLIENTELE!

2) Even if store owners don't go to shows, shows provide a face to face networking of many people who have the same interest. If there's not a show for another month, that desire for more face to face interaction will lead to seeking out congregations of dork--er, people who colelct baseball cards. Where to look, other than the card aisles of Target & WalMart? Your local card store... therefore, the show provides more business to the store.

3) Shows keep the drive for collectors to keep collecting. Without shows, the drive to collect may wane and therefore, the stores don't have a customer any longer.

There are many, many more reasons why the stores need shows and shows need stores.

If you poll 100 store owners (which I was for nearly 20 years), 90 will say they do not like shows being in their area. Wax is blown out there just like at the online retailers and it is direct competition with their stores.

I think there is a need/value for shows myself (I go to 10-20 a year!), but a co-op website where stores pay to advertise is probably a place you will NEVER see them promoted.

BG

Jul 30, 2009
Ok, to answer and respond to some of the posts:

JC: BGS is coming to my store Saturday May 29 to accept subs. Its strictly a store only promo (thats the way BGS has requested). Im trying to get free shipping/insurance coming back too.

Nec: Some of the dealers on the site list their ebay names under "about us".

Its not about show dealers, this site is totally geared to us hobby store owners. Theres a TON of money us store owners are investing in the program. Theres several sites dedicated to shows, from Beckett to SCD to nyshows.org and others.

It actually would be a good idea if reg show promoters/dealers banded together and formed some sort of group (Im not talking huge ones like early/mid 90s). But this site is "For hobby stores, by hobby stores"

I could not make the Vegas conference (although I had been to just about all the Hawaii Trade Conferences since 2002) but I wouldnt be shocked if Brian was one of the first to offer his assistance to the program and shop owners, thank you Brian.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
razorent said:
If you poll 100 store owners (which I was for nearly 20 years), 90 will say they do not like shows being in their area. Wax is blown out there just like at the online retailers and it is direct competition with their stores.

Perhaps not the thread for this, but with all the concern lately with dealers selling wax too cheaply, it's still safe to assume there aren't going to be any checks in place to make sure dealers aren't selling it at too HIGH a markup, right?

Also, maybe a message board for card COLLECTORS isn't really the best place to continually advertise/promote a new program making sure we don't get product at a good price.

Jul 30, 2009
Jeff D said:
razorent said:

Perhaps not the thread for this, but with all the concern lately with dealers selling wax too cheaply, it's still safe to assume there aren't going to be any checks in place to make sure dealers aren't selling it at too HIGH a markup, right?

Also, maybe a message board for card COLLECTORS isn't really the best place to continually advertise/promote a new program making sure we don't get product at a good price.

Sorry youre wrong on this. This is the BEST place to promote this joint venture for sure.
If you walk into one of the participating stores and dont like their prices, guess what? You can leave. In fact, that can be done in any business in every category. Thats the "check."

For any dealer not seeing a benefit from the program, Im sure they will stop investing their time and money behind it. Thats another "check" and yet another reason to keep their wax pricing low.

The specials listed in every ad also has a price listed and those will be at, near or under the going rate online. Also, these will be a special Baseball wax listed next week which will be UNDER WHOLESALE pricing to anyone who walks in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts