Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

7 day listings vs. 3 day listings (eBay)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I always end my auctions on Sunday nights regardless and was wondering what people's thoughts were to listing for 7 straight days opposed to listing on Thursday night which would be 3 days. I have found that all my years of selling that most people bid at the end or set snipes anyway. I know it will get more exposure for 7 days, but I know when I am looking at auctions, I tend to only look at the ones that are a few days out of ending.

Any thoughts?

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
For really high end stuff or valuable vintage, I go with seven day auctions. If we're talking about something that'll end over $100, you may as well go for the maximum exposure, right? I know what you mean about not really looking for anything other than auctions that are close to ending, but that doesn't mean I don't start to watch something that's a week away.

For stuff like u-pick lots or stuff with crazy demand (Million Card Giveaway codes), I go with three day, or less.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
When I look at completed listings I can usually find a card that I would have paid more for, only to find out it was a 1- or 3-day listing. Some people only have time to search once a week, or maybe less. I search every day for some stuff, and once a week for others. I always do 7 if possible, unless it's a hot item, just to get the bidders that might only search those other 4 days. Even if they don't win, they could at least bid it up.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Here's the thing. I work really hard and don't have much time to check ebay. I check it maybe twice a week, and when I see something I like I set a really huge snipe because I'm filthy rich from working so hard. Do you really want to miss out on my bid?

P.S. This story is not about me. :p I'm poor and have nothing but time to search on ebay, but it's probably not my bid you're after.

Members online