Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN 30 year look at the top Fantasy hitters and pitchers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
ajbraves25 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/story?page=30years

Crazy to see the numbers from the 80's and 90's. Those guys in Colorado were insane. Plus the blend of power hitters with stolen bases are unmatched in today's game. Amazing to look back at some of those numbers

~AJ

I think Pedro's 1999 season is the most impressive from a fantasy perspective that i've seen since I started playing in 1998. I remember the first year I played, I drafted Rick Ankiel (the pitcher) morbidly high thinking he would be the greatest pitcher ever. :lol: That season didn't turn out that well.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
sigma_chi said:
ajbraves25 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseball/flb/story?page=30years

Crazy to see the numbers from the 80's and 90's. Those guys in Colorado were insane. Plus the blend of power hitters with stolen bases are unmatched in today's game. Amazing to look back at some of those numbers

~AJ

I think Pedro's 1999 season is the most impressive from a fantasy perspective that i've seen since I started playing in 1998. I remember the first year I played, I drafted Rick Ankiel (the pitcher) morbidly high thinking he would be the greatest pitcher ever. :lol: That season didn't turn out that well.

Thanks for the great read. I think Pedro's 2000 season was the greatest single season I have ever seen from a SP followed closely by his 1999 season. That two year stretch was unbelievable.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
matty07 said:
I hate to bring it up but, I think its safe to say Daunte Bichette and Ellis Burkes had alittle help to achieve those numbers

I hate to agree with you, but it's not what you're insinuating ;)

It's a little thing called Coors Field. Look at what Dante Bichette, Ellis Burks, Larry Walker, Andres Galarraga and Todd Helton did in their absolute primes in that ballpark.

Ridiculous, offensive mayhem.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Pedro in 2000 for pitchers. His ERA+ was, wait for it, 122 points higher than Clemens' MVP season in 1986. The only pitcher who had a lower WHIP on the list was Gagne in 2003.

Members online

Latest posts