Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Is Why I Don't Do Paypal Gifts to FCBers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
So I broke my 'never send $ as a paypal gift' rule b/c the guy was a FCBER + didn't have any apparent problems. I sent paypal (a decent amount btw- we're not talking $5 LOL) on 3/29. A week goes by, no cards, no notice of shipping delay (+ no DC#). Ok, I figure spring break/easter holiday may have caused the delay, so I wait.

FCBER's 1st excuse was 'was out of town for easter longer than I thought- will send cards out asap'. Ok, no problem...though it would've been nice had the guy told me that BEFORE I paid him, but whatever, not worth getting aggro over.

So, I wait another week. More PMs to the guy + I get more excuses like 'didn't paypal send you the dc#?' No. Probably b/c you know, you have to print a shipping label before paypal creates a DC#.

So, I wait/go out of town for biz/fun + expected the cards to be here by now, after all, it's 4/16 + seriously, mail DOESN'T take that long.

So, yep, you guessed it. No cards. So I pm the guy + get told something like 'oh darn, I didn't send the cards.' Seriously, the dude couldn't have figured that out over the past 3 weeks? Ok, whatever, I'm frustrated, but I decide to ask 'can you please ship by priority as it's been nearly a month since I paid?' He says 'no, I can send by regular mail.' Seriously, someone pays you a decent amount of $ + you DON'T ship the cards + you WON'T make up for your mistake by sending them by priority mail?

At this point, I highly doubt I'll get the cards, so I'm likely going to have to get nasty about it.

Seriously guys? You wonder why ebay's pretty much the ONLY game in town? B/c on ebay, I'd have simply filed a chargeback by now and gotten my $ back. Oh yeah, on ebay, I'm pretty sure the dude could've/would've magically found a way to ship the cards quicker than 3 weeks.

/rant

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
1st4040 said:
contact the mod.. then post his ID so we can have a public stoning and lynching!!!
i'm not sure mods can help since it was a deal done by pms. i'm giving him some time to do the right thing + mail the cards (w/DC, so there's no 'i sent it, sorry you didn't get it' issue). if i don't get all of the cards + if i don't get them ASAP, i have no problem naming the guy.

i like to think i'm pretty patient, but it doesn't seem right that i should have to wait this long for cards. plus, if i were the seller + 'forgot' to send cards, i'd spend the extra $.50 or whatever + send it by priority.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I know its been 3 weeks and things do come up. I dont know what kind of money we are talking about, but it seems significant. I was sorta on the fence with things until you posted this:

He says 'no, I can send by regular mail.'

After all this time, forgetting, getting caught up in things, whatever...REFUSING to send priority mail was the nail in the coffin over this one. If someone is unwilling to spend 6.00 to make good on a seemingly large deal, this person isnt worth dealing with. Forgetting is one thing, but then knowing there was a mistake made and then outright refusing to do something to make good on it when they have the opportunity to do so...that would be the last straw for me.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
String 'em up!
lol, i'm trying not to be too aggro about it, but it's really freaking pissing me off @ this point. if i don't get a dc# ASAP + if i don't get all the cards ASAP, i have no problems naming the guy. i think what pissed me off the most is he 'forgot' (who does that? for 3 weeks?) to send the cards + won't spend a lil $ to make up for HIS mistake by sending them by priority.

oh well, back to bidding on ebay.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
I know its been 3 weeks and things do come up. I dont know what kind of money we are talking about, but it seems significant. I was sorta on the fence with things until you posted this:

He says 'no, I can send by regular mail.'

After all this time, forgetting, getting caught up in things, whatever...REFUSING to send priority mail was the nail in the coffin over this one. If someone is unwilling to spend 6.00 to make good on a seemingly large deal, this person isnt worth dealing with. Forgetting is one thing, but then knowing there was a mistake made and then outright refusing to do something to make good on it when they have the opportunity to do so...that would be the last straw for me.

yeah, stuff comes up...i get that + have had it happen as a seller. i have let the buyer know (+ i also DON'T keep delaying sending out the cards) + depending on the length of delay (we're not talking about a 1 day delay here), i've upgraded them to priority b/c it's the right thing to do.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
ridiculous

Hope I don't have future deal with that person

(btw, I charge $4 shipping on purcahses over $40 and ship prriority with DC -- I eat about buck and half just to have happy buyer)

I HATE HATE HATE HATE when people are slow senders and have excuses (especially ones like "I've been busy"). If you don't have time to mail in a timely manner, then don't run an auction

When I sell I am a freak about making sure it is sent the following day (THE LATEST!)

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
No matter if he sends or not, this person deserves to be named for being a lying sack of sh*t. There is no excuse to ever say that you sent something if you haven't.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Paid by gift only once here and it went super smooth, guy also had 63+ positive feedback here so I had no reason to doubt him. Hope you get your cards!

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I hate that this has happened to you. That's one of the things I like so much about FCB is the "community" aspect of it. I won't do Paypal Gift anywhere else but I've sent money on here via PP Gift over 10 times now and I've also received PP Gift at least that many times on here without an issue **knock on wood**

Based on what you've described, this isn't someone that I ever want to deal with. Best of luck in getting this resolved.

jet0002

Aug 7, 2008
Pelham, AL
I have never understood the whole paypal gift thing. As a seller, why ask for only paypal gift? Seriously how much does it save? Like 2-3%?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I wonder gifting twice is generally a better option - half up front, half upon receipt.

The other guy obviously had no skin in the game.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
If it's over $5 I won't gift for this reason. I'd rather pay an extra 50 cents or whatever is it to avoid this.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
No matter if he sends or not, this person deserves to be named for being a lying sack of sh*t. There is no excuse to ever say that you sent something if you haven't.

+1

It can save another person the headache later.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
jet0002 said:
I have never understood the whole paypal gift thing. As a seller, why ask for only paypal gift? Seriously how much does it save? Like 2-3%?
I THINK it's 2.9% + $.30.

What's the dudes user name? I really wanna avoid this guy like the plague. Thanks.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I took a licking on a PP gift to a member with almost a 200 positive feedback.. Pulled an ole switch n bait on me and the funny thing is, Mods wouldnt do anything for me in the end. Card was selling the 350-375 range, I only could get 250 because of part of the auto missing on the card. But like someone said, "You're wealthy so whats the big deal on losing that lil bit of money".

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I think Paypal gift is a great thing when reserved for people that you trust to the fullest extent. I have sent and received paypal gift at least 25 times on these forums without incident. I am only willing to send gift payments to people that I have done multiple deals in the past with and that I feel comfortable with. In any case, I hope that you eventually receive your cards. Best of luck!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
rainmanesq said:
1st4040 said:
contact the mod.. then post his ID so we can have a public stoning and lynching!!!
i'm not sure mods can help since it was a deal done by pms. i'm giving him some time to do the right thing + mail the cards (w/DC, so there's no 'i sent it, sorry you didn't get it' issue). if i don't get all of the cards + if i don't get them ASAP, i have no problem naming the guy.

i like to think i'm pretty patient, but it doesn't seem right that i should have to wait this long for cards. plus, if i were the seller + 'forgot' to send cards, i'd spend the extra $.50 or whatever + send it by priority.

Yes, they can

also, sometimes I am late with shipping too.

I make sure to send pretty dang good freebies for it.

Members online