Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Fans: Will we see Pedroia bat clean up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I am hoping to see this at some point, even if its shortlived. I have tons of faith in Pedroia. :D

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
You better hope not, that would be a waste of a top of the order type guy. Papi or someone needs to wake up........let Hermedia bat clean up.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
George_Calfas said:
You better hope not, that would be a waste of a top of the order type guy. Papi or someone needs to wake up........let Hermedia bat clean up.

I agree..Pedroia does not belong anywhere near cleanup. Papi needs to ride the bench and Youk needs to stay hitting cleanup. I have no problem with Victor at 3 and Youk at 4. Beltre should hit 5th and Hermida 6th.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I'm trying not to jump to conclusions this early but damn Ortiz is absolutely killing the Sox. Reminds me of Jim rice's Last year.... Terrible and sad

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
rebelpawn said:
I'm trying not to jump to conclusions this early but damn Ortiz is absolutely killing the Sox. Reminds me of Jim rice's Last year.... Terrible and sad

Simple fix......Terry F: "Yo Papi, you're ridin' the bench big boy"

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'm not against it...AT ALL.

I very much like Pedroia hitting second, but if they do decide to move him in the order I am all for it. I like it when managers take chances to see how things workout. Its not like he couldnt return to hitting second if they pick up another big bat or reshuffle the lineup again. :)

BTW - I want nothing more than to see Ortiz succeed this year.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
bigpapiMA32 said:
coltsnsox07 said:
Do you guys know why Ellsbury is wearing #2 now?

He wore #2 for most of his career before playing for the Red Sox. When Brad Mills left for Houston it opened up #2 so Ellsbury took it.

For a second there I thought it was Carl Everett out there again. Man those were dark days....

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
he hit cleanup a few times last season (or was it the season before) either way I know he batted 4th....so I don't see any issue w/ them batting him there again.
The lineup really doesn't matter all that much anyway after the 1st go around.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I don't think you will see them wait as long as they did last year to make a move.. and that move will be pulling the trigger on a deal to land a cleanup hitting first baseman. I honestly think that some of the prospects these other clubs are interested in have lost some hype so its the perfect time to deal them for Ortiz replacement at first.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
George_Calfas said:
rebelpawn said:

Simple fix......Terry F: "Yo Papi, you're ridin' the bench big boy"
better get a big bench

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Personally, I think Pedroia would do very well at clean up. He has a lot of pop with his bat and surely would be an RBI machine batting 4'th. Having said that, he is probablly one of the best 'top of the order' guys in the league. I think it would be a mistake to remove him from his proper spot to make due, thus leaving the top of the order to suffer(read: lacking Pedroia talent). I agree, Papi needs to start to produce, or get someone who can fill the spot.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I'm just waiting for the "Boston didn't respect me enough, blah blah blah" nonsense to start with Ortiz. It's going to be a really ugly divorce.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I hope you are wrong Sean, because he did a lot to lift the city and the fans in his career. I really dont want to see him leave on bad terms or at all really.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Sean_C said:
I'm just waiting for the "Boston didn't respect me enough, blah blah blah" nonsense to start with Ortiz. It's going to be a really ugly divorce.

I'm starting to think that as well. Unless he magically hits 25+ HR's this year, there is no chance in hell his $13M option is picked up, and no chance in hell the team resigns him for anything. He's a relatively useless bench player considering he can't play the field, and his bat hasn't shown enough over the past 1.5 or so to warrant a full time job, even on the bench.

I'm hoping that he just swallows his pride and retires after this season.

Members online

Latest posts