Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hobby Predictions..........Stickers autographs going to bomb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
I think in less then 5 years ALL sticker autographs are going to bomb! Actually I am 100% sure of this..... The Collectors will realize they have been buying garbage. The Smart Investors/collectors already won't touch sticker autographs... Sticker autos seem to be less popular everyday. I can see a 5 to 1 on card/stick auto ratio for price down the road . The big problem now is TOPPS!!! They produce far too many garbage sticker autographs. Just wait you bowman chromies, you are going to be pissed when you see the sticker autos... its coming. Its a Joke that Topps has control of the Market! Topps Will flood the market with sticker garbage and its going to bomb.. just watch..... Ive seen too many hobby trends since 1985 and I can see this coming from a mile away..... My advice don't buy any card with a sticker auto! I know, I know its hard to do in baseball because Topps doesn't make a good high end product! ok so buy the older on card autos... you wont lose your ass that way... I hope this doesn't come to a shock to you, but someone has to let you know sticker autos are junk....Im 100% done with sticker autographs!!! if you don't agree with me now.... you will later.... enjoy all!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Thanks Nostradamus.

The real problem with sticker autographs will be weather or not the adhesive bleeds and how long the signatures stay sharp.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
PPL will pay for what they like an right now they like Bowman Chrome auto's. If 5 years from now ppl start to see that other card companies are going only to on-card auto's so too will bowman chrome an other companies. But we need to remember that they went to sticker auto's for many reasons.

1. Players would often times send back cards in poor shape
2. If a card is in poor shape when you get it replacements become harder to receive
3. It is easier for a player to sign 1000 stickers then it is for him to go through a box of 1000 cards an decide to sign each one.

Players rather do sticker auto's it is less work for them. Yes these companies pay players to do these autographs but not every player has the time to sit around on an off day an sign auto's they have a family an other priorities that come before are hobby.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Actually, I heard the main reason they do stickers is that they can get more guys to sign. Most baseball cards are released during the season. So guys don't have as much time to sit and sign cards. However, they can get them to sign stickers in the off season for use on cards designed later. I've had a few conversations with some people at Topps and they say it's easier on production to do on card autos. Since adding a sticker adds another step to production. Basically, they can't get as many autos into sets if they are on card.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
nborton said:
Actually, I heard the main reason they do stickers is that they can get more guys to sign. Most baseball cards are released during the season. So guys don't have as much time to sit and sign cards. However, they can get them to sign stickers in the off season for use on cards designed later. I've had a few conversations with some people at Topps and they say it's easier on production to do on card autos. Since adding a sticker adds another step to production. Basically, they can't get as many autos into sets if they are on card.
And when they`re the quality of Ultimate, does it matter how many are in a set? I'd rather have a smaller player selection with on card autos (Ultimate) than crap stickers and autos of prospects (Tribute)

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
jeff152380 said:
I think in less then 5 years ALL sticker autographs are going to bomb! Actually I am 100% sure of this..... The Collectors will realize they have been buying garbage. The Smart Investors/collectors already won't touch sticker autographs... Sticker autos seem to be less popular everyday. I can see a 5 to 1 on card/stick auto ratio for price down the road . The big problem now is TOPPS!!! They produce far too many garbage sticker autographs. Just wait you bowman chromies, you are going to be pissed when you see the sticker autos... its coming. Its a Joke that Topps has control of the Market! Topps Will flood the market with sticker garbage and its going to bomb.. just watch..... Ive seen too many hobby trends since 1985 and I can see this coming from a mile away..... My advice don't buy any card with a sticker auto! I know, I know its hard to do in baseball because Topps doesn't make a good high end product! ok so buy the older on card autos... you wont lose your ass that way... I hope this doesn't come to a shock to you, but someone has to let you know sticker autos are junk....Im 100% done with sticker autographs!!! if you don't agree with me now.... you will later.... enjoy all!

what a stupid thing to say. Topps is actually the only company now that still does on card autographs. Have you
been following their twitter feeds? Chicle has on card autos and they are getting big name players too. Chrome has
always been on card, so has 10 years of topps heritage and 4 years of Allen and Ginter. I think Panini will kill
football with their crap, but baseball is in good hands with topps!

Kevin

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
jeff152380 said:

what a stupid thing to say. Topps is actually the only company now that still does on card autographs. Have you
been following their twitter feeds? Chicle has on card autos and they are getting big name players too. Chrome has
always been on card, so has 10 years of topps heritage and 4 years of Allen and Ginter. I think Panini will kill

Kevin
Topps does on-card autos for a very limited range of products. Their two highest-end products have been ALL sticker for the last 4 years.

Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome are on-card because they can get the MiLBers and rookies to sign as much as they want, but when it counts, Topps falls short.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
What about players that were exclusive to UD especially black and exquisite. Do you really think there will not be a market for low number RC auto's from Exquisite just because it's on sticker?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
chashawk said:
schmidtfan20 said:
jeff152380 said:

Kevin
Topps does on-card autos for a very limited range of products. Their two highest-end products have been ALL sticker for the last 4 years.

Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome are on-card because they can get the MiLBers and rookies to sign as much as they want, but when it counts, Topps falls short.
+1

TTT? Unique? Tribute? Sterling? Freaking Topps Sterling....

I'll stick with UD hockey (until they kick it)....limited stickers.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
chashawk said:
schmidtfan20 said:
jeff152380 said:

Kevin

Plus Chicle might be the ugliest set ever made.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I still don't get you, topps puts out 5-7 products a year that have on card autos. That is more than UD and
Panini combined! You have to spend 100+ a pack to get on card autos from UD. Many topps products in the
3-5 dollar price point have on card autos.

This year Frank Robinson, Juan Marichal and Bob Gibson signed on card autos for heritage, if you think that is weak
you need your head checked out.

Kevin

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
IMO if I was betting - I think it will be parallels that bomb and not autographs.

Maybe not the heavy collected parallel sets, but there are SO many now a days with many simply being a different color foil or something ridiculous. And sure you can say the card is #'d to 50 or whatever so it's "rare", but between all the parallels that same player may have 1,000 different auto's in the set and I can't help but think 20 years from now people may just feel an auto is an auto and the market is going to be a bit over-saturated with the stuff.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
I still don't get you, topps puts out 5-7 products a year that have on card autos. That is more than UD and
Panini combined! You have to spend 100+ a pack to get on card autos from UD. Many topps products in the

This year Frank Robinson, Juan Marichal and Bob Gibson signed on card autos for heritage, if you think that is weak

Kevin
Right, but when you spend $200+ a pack with Topps, you are GUARANTEED to get stickers.

Btw - Your statement was false to begin with. Masterpieces and Goodwin were both low cost per pack products.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Don't like stickers? Don't buy 'em.
-1.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
chashawk said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
Right, but when you spend $200+ a pack with Topps, you are GUARANTEED to get stickers.

Btw - Your statement was false to begin with. Masterpieces and Goodwin were both low cost per pack products.

why would anyone buy high end topps products when their best stuff cost 3-5 dollars a pack? I mean, I can't
cure stupidness too!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
chashawk said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

why would anyone buy high end topps products when their best stuff cost 3-5 dollars a pack? I mean, I can't
cure stupidness too!

What about Topps Unique? They seems to have some awesome stuff. Especially their 1/1 Letter Auto's.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
schmidtfan20 said:
cure stupidness too!
Huh?

You can't even defend their top of the line stuff!!!!

Members online

Latest posts