Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oswalt 2009 vs 2010 first 3 games.

Will he be traded?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Thankfully one of the few bright spots for the stros this year has been Oswalt. He just pitched 7 strong innings. I haven't made a thread about him in a long time. The stats look promising so far this year:
1-2 with 3 QS 19 IP 17 K 4 BB 2.37 ERA
2009:
0-2 with 2 QS 19 IP 10 K 6 BB 4.26 ERA (His first win came on May 10)

It's cool to see some favorable stats from my boy. He is now in second place for career wins in Houston history. He needs 6 more wins for first.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
i know there wastalk of him going to the braves a little while ago. obviously thats prolly not gonna happen now because the braves like there pitching staff but one can only hope right?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MAC16 said:
i know there wastalk of him going to the braves a little while ago. obviously thats prolly not gonna happen now because the braves like there pitching staff but one can only hope right?
I've heard he would prefer either the Cubs, Cardinals, or White Sox. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Braves, if the stros can get something decent in return.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
MOFNY said:
MAC16 said:
I've heard he would prefer either the Cubs, Cardinals, or White Sox. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the Braves, if the stros can get something decent in return.
well the braves definitely have the prospects to do something.. if a starter gets hurt or something i would hope they would pick up oswalt since the braves dont really have a backup in case of an injury and i know he's really good friends with tim hudson and oswalt is from the Georgia Area.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
MAC16 said:
MOFNY said:
MAC16 said:
well the braves definitely have the prospects to do something.. if a starter gets hurt or something i would hope they would pick up oswalt since the braves dont really have a backup in case of an injury and i know he's really good friends with tim hudson and oswalt is from the Georgia Area.
Mississippi. I know he's friends with Peavy, but I was unaware of Hudson.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
yeah i think he owns property in GA though?
yeah i heard somewhere hes friends with hudson im not sure where i heard that at though.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
MOFNY said:
MAC16 said:

Even though I would love it, there's almost no chance he'd be traded to the Cardinals unless we got rid of Lohse's contract first. That'd be a bunch of money in the rotation, with Carpenter ($15M?), Lohse ($10M), Oswalt ($15M?), and Penny ($8M + incentives) all making $8M+.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I seriously doubt Oswalt will be traded. That being said, it would be the best thing for the Astros to do. They should trade Oswalt, Wandy, Berkman, and whoever they can from the pen to get guys who are 1-3 years away.

Oswalt and Berkman have no trade clauses and I seriously doubt any of them will be traded.

Latest posts