Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Lemke here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aupt

Apr 16, 2010
I finally made the time to check out the forum after hearing some many good things about FCB on some of the sites I haunt.

My name is Bob Lemke. In 1980 I was the founding editor of Baseball Cards Magazine, and in 1981 became editor, later publisher, of Sports Collectors Digest and half a dozen other card magazines in the 1980s and 1990s.

I was, until 2006, editor of the Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, then left the full-time employ of F+W/Krause/SCD. I returned earlier this year on an extremely part-time basis as editor of the vintage major and minor league sections of the "Big Book." I am also a consignment director for Collect.com Auctions. I maintain a blog about cards and memorabilias at boblemke.blogspot.com.

Actual collecting of cards is no longer my hobby focus. In my spare time I create custom cards, usually in classic baseball and football designs. Some samples are in my sig line. As soon as I figure out how to post a link to my Photobucket pages, where many of my custom cards are pictured, I'll do so.

It's good to be here, expanding my range.

Sorry this appeared on a thread of its own; I intended it to appear in the welcome thread at the top of the page.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Welcome, I still have boxes of my old SCD's from the 80's in my parents basement. Are they worth anything? :lol:

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Welcome Mr. Lemke!

I'm a big fan of your work and time on Baseball Cards Magazine - without it, I highly doubt that I'd still be collecting cards. Baseball Card Magazine was my introduction to this entire hobby when I was eleven years old. I miss that magazine dearly.

Best,
George

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Bob:

With YOUR reputation in the hobby; I think this is fine to post your own welcome here on the main board :)

Regards
Rich Klein

Members online

Latest posts