Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anthony Hewitt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
One of the first players i ever started prospecting was Anthony Hewitt. I have always regretted owning any of his stuff until this year. Now i need to decide if his stuff is still worth selling or did he finally get his act together an will be the player the Phillies thought they drafted. I guess the question i am asking everyone is BUY or SELL Anthony Hewitt.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I say HOLD.

I've always ripped him as the "Strikeout King" and he's still whiffing at a 33% rate, not the 50 or 60% of last year. But even with his better start, I don't think you would get better prices yet. I say HOLD 'cuz his prices won't be up yet and IF he hits well, gets promoted, etc. they should.

Still not a fan of his for the long-term though.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
I have a bunch of his stuff and the current prices are more than I bought in for. So I guess it comes down to how much you want to make?? I dont think hes ever going to get $100 a xfractor but I think Im about doubled over what I bought in for so its very tempting to just get out at this point..

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
I nearly pulled the rainbow. I also have a couple of base somewhere.
IMG.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Unless you have some high end ref, theres no reason to "get out" now. What are you going to do with the $4 you get for his autos?

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
011873 said:
Unless you have some high end ref, theres no reason to "get out" now. What are you going to do with the $4 you get for his autos?
15 more gumballs then you can get when they are only worth .25 cents

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Im gonna sell a blue refractor and an xfractor. they were throw in on other deals and I still have 10 chrome autos to hold in case he actually has found a stroke

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
011873 said:
I saw the xfractors going for 20$.. I bought them for 5$ so I think thats a pretty good deal at this point!!
They were best offers so not sure someone would still bite at those..
I have about 15-20 cards that at this point..Im thinking of unloading..I just dont think he is every going to be GREAT.. average at best. Dont think I will get much more out of cards than I can right now.. ahhh the life of a prospector!!

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Sell enough to where you break even... so even if he becomes a bust you don't get kicked in the nuts.

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
goblue6919 said:
Sell enough to where you break even... so even if he becomes a bust you don't get kicked in the nuts.
Phew..thank goodness I "aint go no nuts"...hahaha :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If you'd asked me a year ago if I thought he'd have this kind of start I'd have laughed in your face.

Now there's egg on mine. Who knew?

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
ahhh the life of a prospector!!

You don't know how many times i have tough questions like this. BUY/SELL/HOLD. On many of the prospects i buy. My problem is i never buy enough when the buying is low an then kick myself when the cards triple to quad in value an i cant bring myself to paying those prices because of what i originally started paying.

Members online