Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would have been a nice promotional piece on Yahoo...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Yet ANOTHER story in a non hobby site/pub that is full of goofs and comments from people who are pissed their 1980's cards are worthless. Not to mention a bunch of dumb comments.

I love how he wrote that Bowman makes the most expensive cards. Collectors make a card expensive. It didnt cost Topps $7,000 to make that Fernando Martinez card, collectors did.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i got through about 10 of the comments before i wanted to strangle somebody :lol:

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
The ony reason I read the article was that I am bored at work today...now after reading the article, I'm bored AND have a headache! ::facepalm:: :benson:

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
I love the people who comment about how people used to collect for fun, and not for $$. And then they complain about their cards not being worth anything now.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
saferseas said:
I love the people who comment about how people used to collect for fun, and not for $$. And then they complain about their cards not being worth anything now.

Those are my most hated pet-peeve posts in all forums!

They will post a topic about the lack of joy in collecting or something like it, and then the very first line has to do with how boxes aren't worth buying because the cards are worthless!

COLLECTING cards has nothing to do with what they are worth at all.

Members online