Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IF YOU WERE G.M. WHAT PROSPECT WOULD YOU GET BACK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
LETS LOOK AT PROSPECTS THAT HAVE NOT HAD A FULL YEAR IN THE MAJORS

ONLY ONE THAT STANDS OUT RIGHT NOW THAT I WISH THE DODGERS NEVER GOT RID OF :(

::facepalm:: IM SURE YOU CAN TELL WHICH CATCHER THIS IS

Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS
COL INT ........424 9 33 8 14 2 0 .....4 12 28 6 3 1 0 .513 .848 1.361

SANTANA-2008BowmanChromeProspect-1.jpg

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
stevezimmer22 said:
It all evens out man, I bet you mr. beane wants andre ethier back right now.

HE CANT HAVE HIM BACK :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BESIDES HE GOT A GOOD PLAYER IN RETURN :| :?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Even though we have Brian Wilson now I'm sure the last few years the Giants were ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: over Joe Nathan and Lariano for A. J. Pierzynski

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I think things would have been a lot different in Washington if they hadn't traded away the likes of Cliff Lee, Grady Sizemore, Jason Bay, etc while the club was still in Montreal.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
kdailey4315 said:
Even though we have Brian Wilson now I'm sure the last few years the Giants were ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: over Joe Nathan and Lariano for A. J. Pierzynski
first thing to pop into my head. rather have a healthy joe nathan and liriano. imagine nathan on our 03 team!

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Dave Dombrowski trading away my boy Jair Jurrjens for the old, overrated, bad in the field and at the dish, Edgar Renteria. We got a whole 1 year out of him-and it was nothing to watch. But we gave up a guy that should be in multiple All Star games when things are all done, along with a nice OF prospect Gorkys Hernandez. Just a horrible trade, brutal.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Codasco07 said:
Dan Haren. I was a fan of the trade at the time, but man that hurts.

Yah, if only you had the skills of Oakland:

left-handers Brett Anderson, Dana Eveland and Greg Smith; infielder Chris Carter; and outfielders Aaron Cunningham and Carlos Gonzalez.

Mulder's the same as those guys, right?

Seriously,

Mark Mulder magically turned into Dan Haren and Daric Barton.
Dan Haren magically turned into Anderson, Eveland, Smith, Carter, Cunningham and Gonzalez
Smith, Street and Cargo Magically become Matt Holliday
Matt Holliday Magically becomes Brett Wallace, Shane Peterson and Clayton Mortonsen.
Brett Wallace becomes Michael Taylor

So hold on,

Mark Mulder + Huston Street ==

Brett Anderson
Chris Carter
Michael Taylor
Aaron Cunningham
Daric Barton
Dana Eveland (now w/ Toronto)
Shane Petersen
Clayton Mortensen

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I were Kenny Williams I'd have about 20 head-sized impressions in my office wall by now.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Going back to the original post, no other current prospect is shoving it to their former team like Santana. Down the road, the guys involved in the Jays, A's, Phillies, M's deal could haunt their former clubs. The thing about that trade is that everybody knows how good those guys might be.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
The Dombrowski trade of Jurgens was always the one that puzzled me. I have came to reason all the other trade. but this one made no sense i didnt like it when we did it either because Edgar was old just getting older now if we would of gotten like 2002 Edgar it is worth it but not the old man we received. Also Detroit need a SS prospect desperatly Fields will be a OF.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
aaron41984 said:
Going back to the original post, no other current prospect is shoving it to their former team like Santana. Down the road, the guys involved in the Jays, A's, Phillies, M's deal could haunt their former clubs. The thing about that trade is that everybody knows how good those guys might be.

The one very interesting part of that deal will be Wallace for Taylor. The other parts can be justified no matter how it shakes out. But Wallace for Taylor was just a straight-up prospect for prospect deal. If one flames out, someone looks dumb.

Members online

Latest posts