Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1949 Bowman Signed set 5% done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Well I decided I wanted to try and work on the 1949 Bowman set.It will be a huge challenge and may take a decade to complete but it should be a lot of fun.I'll update the thread every time I get a new card in.

Its a 240 card set with some of the greatest names to ever play the game of baseball
fitzgeraed_BW49BB_Vb.jpg
coangi_BW49BB.jpg
vandermeerjo_BW49BB.jpg
eddieyostcopy.jpg
johnnyschmitzcopy.jpg
boudreaulo_BW49BB.jpg
4555184843_2a4a45eff8_o.jpg
4555184813_29bdfabd5e_o.jpg
seminickan_BW49BB.jpg
grayte_BW49BB.jpg
brissielo_BW49BB.jpg
alliereynoldscopy.jpg
If anyone has any or can lead me to any I would really appreciate it.Also looking for unsigned base of Duke Snider,Robin Roberts,Bob Feller,And Pafko,Yogi Berra for TTM.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
Re: 1949 Bowman Signed set 2.5% done

Thats a Great set to collect signed especially with all the HOFers in it, I wish you all the Luck! My collecting HOF R.C Auto's has lead me to obtain these 49' Bowman toughies:
Campanella1949BowmanAuto.jpg
Lemon1949BowmanAuto.jpg
Wynn1949BowmanAuto.jpg

and these were all signed at shows within the past 3 years that I have been collecting HOFer signed R.C's:
Roberts1949BowmanAuto3.jpg
Snider1949BowmanAuto2.jpg
Kell1949BowmanAuto.jpg

the best advise would be to just have patience and be sure to check all the current auction going on for all the auction houses as thats where you'll most likely see a signed Campy,Jackie and Paige,
Good Luck!!!
Dan

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009

Nice start to the set! I'll keep an eye out for them for you (someone bought the last one I had from my store). As for unsigned cards, keep an eye out for lots in Heritage or Hunt. You might do better with them than buying individually. Failing in that, I'd say look for nice 4's or 5's instead of raw cards, as you'll probably pay the same for a nicer, unaltered card.

Good luck!

thenumberonemetfan said:
Well I decided I wanted to try and work on the 1949 Bowman set.It will be a huge challenge and may take a decade to complete but it should be a lot of fun.I'll update the thread every time I get a new card in.

Its a 240 card set with some of the greatest names to ever play the game of baseball
fitzgeraed_BW49BB_Vb.jpg
coangi_BW49BB.jpg
vandermeerjo_BW49BB.jpg
eddieyostcopy.jpg
johnnyschmitzcopy.jpg
boudreaulo_BW49BB.jpg

If anyone has any or can lead me to any I would really appreciate it.Also looking for unsigned base of Duke Snider,Robin Roberts,Bob Feller,And Pafko,Yogi Berra for TTM.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny

Thanks for the advice and kind words.Those signed rookies are as filthy as they get, absolutely amazing.Pm coming to both of you.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

Wow, very nice!!! :)

Best of luck with the set, Alex....great start!

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny

scotty21690 said:

Thanks.Hope I can get one of the cards out to Doerr for a TTM, do you have a 49 Bowman Doerr in your collection?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008

thenumberonemetfan said:
scotty21690 said:

Thanks.Hope I can get one of the cards out to Doerr for a TTM, do you have a 49 Bowman Doerr in your collection?
Yep, recently slabbed:

psasub9.jpg

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
About how much are you buying these for? Just curious really, I'm not looking to compete with you :)

zan

Members online