Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Week-Day Pick-Up Thread: 4/19 - 4/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I didn't see one, passing the third page (hopefully, I am not blind)?

I started doing eBay in '08. Since then, I had yet to see the card below. Funny thing: all in the same month, I have seen another, and its Au counter-part.

/1000

AtkinsElite.jpg

The seller of the super', divulged me the amount he wants for his card. The thing is, I'd rather spend that kind of money on a PC high-end. Talk about a severe arch?! Great card, though:

Orange /25

MatzBowmanChromeOrangeAu.jpg

These blue Matzeks have been incredibly hard to pick up. Glad I finally made one, my own:

Blue /150

MatzekBowmanChromeBlueAuBGS9.jpg

It seems I disgustingly overpaid? Oh well; my first Black 1/1:

Black 1/1

BrothersEliteBlackAu.jpg

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Question for you: Are you supposed to put the really arched bowman cards in large magnetics? I've always put mine in the small magnetics in hopes of flattening them out but maybe I'm damaging them?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
afrobandit said:
Question for you: Are you supposed to put the really arched bowman cards in large magnetics? I've always put mine in the small magnetics in hopes of flattening them out but maybe I'm damaging them?

No, I put them in a standard 35-pt - like you. The arch will diminish over time, but you will do no damage to the card. I just scan them in a large 280-pt, but do not store (unless it is an appropriate size).

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
darocker80 said:
Why do you scan them in the 280 pt again?

A couple of reasons:

- Scanning them pressed, and under pressure (35-pts) does not allow for proper refraction.

- Because 280-pts are thicker, the scanner picks them up as darker (see top, and bottom portions of one-touch). This is because they are less dense; darker means the card becomes more pleasing. Scanning them in 35-pts, shows the one-touch to be gray-like.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Superfractor said:
darocker80 said:

A couple of reasons:

- Scanning them pressed, and under pressure (35-pts) does not allow for proper refraction.

- Because 280-pts are thicker, the scanner picks them up as darker (see top, and bottom portions of one-touch). This is because they are less dense; darker means the card becomes more pleasing. Scanning them in 35-pts, shows the one-touch to be gray-like.
ah thank you, i shall try that on my lincecum chrome auto (even though its not a ref) and maybe some other refs!

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
darocker80 said:
Superfractor said:
darocker80 said:

A couple of reasons:

ah thank you, i shall try that on my lincecum chrome auto (even though its not a ref) and maybe some other refs!

Ah, good luck man. However, I don't think it'll work for your scanner; the one that you use for the lincy sig.. I use a CCD scanner. Also: my scans don't come out, as you see them; they are edited, before the finishing piece is shown.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Superfractor said:
darocker80 said:
Superfractor said:
darocker80 said:

A couple of reasons:

Ah, good luck man. However, I don't think it'll work for your scanner; the one that you use for the lincy sig.. I use a CCD scanner. Also: my scans don't come out, as you see them; they are edited, before the finishing piece is shown.
ya was gonna use the scanner at work lol.

what is a ccd scanner? what do u do when u edit them?

Members online