Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

50 Game PED Suspension Upcoming Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
According to the usually reliable Will Carroll, later today or tomorrow MLB will be suspending someone for 50 games for a PED issue likely linked back to testing during spring training. It's supposedly a first time offender. Interested to see how big a name will be going down.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'll go with Madison Bumgarner for $200.

He was placed on the temp inactive list today and I'm not sure why as I can't find a news source with a story about the transaction I see posted.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
The list of drugs they call PEDs is laughable.

The following drugs are on the list that make it complete crap:

Adderall, Ritalin, Vynase, Creatine, Insulin, Modafinil, prohormones, testosterone.

Certain people have different levels of testosterone in their bodies. They will test in the high range of testosterone, outside of the norm. They will always be called cheats.

The vast majority of those drugs can be and are available for prescription as treatment for conditions that a lot of people have. Withholding treatment for fear of a drug test coming back positive is foolish and degrades quality of life.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
rsmath said:

He was placed on the temp inactive list today and I'm not sure why as I can't find a news source with a story about the transaction I see posted.

Where did you see this transaction posted? Couldn't find it online.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Mark Teixeira

Justin - The one thing about testosterone is they are able to tell if there are esters attached, which make it synthetic.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
Yeah Pujols or Howard would be a brutal hit to MLB

I am guessing it is a relief pitcher who no one cares about :)

and would MLB announce it if it was a minor leaguer??? or would MILB

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
gregbara said:
Mark Teixeira

Justin - The one thing about testosterone is they are able to tell if there are esters attached, which make it synthetic.

The guys in the Tour de France, that's not true. If you have a testosterone level above x, you are screwed. I was of the mind that they were using the Tour's same model for testing.

I've also heard that an elevated hemoglobin and / or hematocrit will cause suspension to be levied. (in the MLB).

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
topprospectalert said:
rsmath said:

Where did you see this transaction posted? Couldn't find it online.

milb.com, go to the PCL league page, look under "league transactions". Bumgarner and Matt Kinney were both put on the TIL by the Fresno Grizzlies today.

I'm having second thoughts about my guess - I think the transaction may read "xxxx placed on the suspended list" rather than the TIL, but we'll see if an announcement for anyone is made today and I go check the transactions to see if TIL is used or "suspended list" is used in the transaction wording.

as for MLB, they will post in their press releases area about Minor Leaguer suspensions and I don't know if that is a courtesy for MiLB or if the Office of Bonehead Selig is responsible for handing down minor leaguer suspensions in addition to MLB ones.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
justinmandawg said:
The list of drugs they call PEDs is laughable.

Adderall, Ritalin, Vynase, Creatine, Insulin, Modafinil, prohormones, testosterone.

Certain people have different levels of testosterone in their bodies. They will test in the high range of testosterone, outside of the norm. They will always be called cheats.

The vast majority of those drugs can be and are available for prescription as treatment for conditions that a lot of people have. Withholding treatment for fear of a drug test coming back positive is foolish and degrades quality of life.

Players can get MLB to give them exceptions for some of these drugs. I know there are many, many players who have exemptions for Adderall. Also, HGH is legal and can be prescribed for ailments just like the ones you mentioned.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
justinmandawg said:

Adderall, Ritalin...

It's incredibly easy to go to the Dr. and get a script for one of these.

"You know doc, I find myself daydreaming too much, really struggle to focus, can't finish what I start, can't pay attention to anything longer than about 20 seconds before my mind wanders. Can you give me anything?"

Those drugs are effectively speed and are simple as pie to get your hands on.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
justinmandawg said:

Adderall, Ritalin...

It's incredibly easy to go to the Dr. and get a script for one of these.

"You know doc, I find myself daydreaming too much, really struggle to focus, can't finish what I start, can't pay attention to anything longer than about 20 seconds before my mind wanders. Can you give me anything?"

Those drugs are effectively speed and are simple as pie to get your hands on.

Everything you have written is true. However, a doctor's prescription is not enough to protect players from suspension. Ask Manny Ramirez.

It is possible, however, to get exemptions for some of these drugs. It just takes more than a simple prescription.

Members online