Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Potential $520 sale to Taiwan Buyer...Help please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I have an offer on my carlos santana blue refs for $520, but from a taiwan buyer. I have already made him aware that I will be charging him $25 shipping so i can send international express with tracking.

But, even with that, am I covered? Or can I still get jobbed by Paypal?

thanks for any help you can provide!

skrip

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
As long as you use Global Express you should be fine.Just make sure they require a signature.It should run you about $26-$27.
Mike

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
To the best of my knowledge, there is no safe way to have a paypal transaction outside of the United States.

I would advise him that you would accept the offer, but you would need a money order or cash mailed from him. Or is that western union money order service still around?

ballerskrip said:
I have an offer on my carlos santana blue refs for $520, but from a taiwan buyer. I have already made him aware that I will be charging him $25 shipping so i can send international express with tracking.

skrip

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
There are a few Taiwan bidders that I have had a lot of luck with. I am a little sketchy on the ones that have very low feedback, but if this is the person that has decent feedback (seems to buy a lot of high end stuff) you should be safe.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
prospectorgems said:
There are a few Taiwan bidders that I have had a lot of luck with. I am a little sketchy on the ones that have very low feedback, but if this is the person that has decent feedback (seems to buy a lot of high end stuff) you should be safe.

He has sold a few expensive heywards lately and got positive feedback. He has bought fairly cheap stuff lately though.

I think I am going to take the plunge and cross my fingers. Tough to turn down $520 when I have $180 into them

skrip

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
paypal has confirmed almost all international addys. as long as you ship by global w/sig conf, you should be covered under seller protection

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
prospectorgems said:
Was just going to post the same thing. Good success with several who are trustworthy buyers.

I sold a $300 card to a Taiwanese buyer a long time ago (2 years), charged him around $30 to ship it Fedex (I think) because Fedex lets you insure international packages. Look into that.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Go for it Matt, I've made big sales to solid buyers over there, you should be set, especially since you are using the express so you can track.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
The bold parts are the keys to this transaction. Obviously, as this is over $250, signature confirmation is required to fight any chargeback. Paypal seller protection:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&fli ... %20Sellers.

11.1 PayPal Seller Protection.
PayPal seller protection is protection we provide sellers from Claims, Chargebacks, or Reversals that are based on
* Unauthorized Transaction or
* Item Not Received
Seller protection is available for eligible payments from buyers in any country.

Eligibility Requirements
Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
*The payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Jeff N. said:
To the best of my knowledge, there is no safe way to have a paypal transaction outside of the United States.

I would advise him that you would accept the offer, but you would need a money order or cash mailed from him. Or is that western union money order service still around?

ballerskrip said:

skrip

Wrong.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Send it regular mail with a customs form. That way he can scam you, get the cards, and PAYPAL will back him. :lol:

Of course I am kidding. Use GLOBAL and require signature. THen you are safe.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Send it USPS. I've sent to Taiwan I believe it is called "Express Mai and is around $25 for the base mailing and just a couple dollars more for the insurance. Should be no issues.

thefivemajors

Mar 23, 2010
paypal does whatever they want, usually siding with the buyer 99.9% of the time. never using paypal again. got screwed out of 800 for a card i sold to a guy in az, that i had delivery confirmation on stating that it was delivered and they still sided with him

Members online

Latest posts