Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weird ebay FB situation, this ever happened to anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
So I had someone win an auction on a sunday and didn't pay until saturday after i sent a midweek invoice. Typically not a big deal right? Got paid in 6 days. I get this email from the buyer :

WOW, we really apologize. We have no idea how we missed not paying for this auction. We will sending payment IMMEDIATELY after we send this mail to you. We kindly request that you DO NOT leave us feedback for this transaction. !

I found it really odd that they did not want feedback left (especially since they have under 30 FB). Usually it's the other way around and people demand to have feedback left. Is there any logical reason to not leave a positive feedback after I got paid in under 7 days?

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
BluesBroSJ said:
So I had someone win an auction on a sunday and didn't pay until saturday after i sent a midweek invoice. Typically not a big deal right? Got paid in 6 days. I get this email from the buyer :

WOW, we really apologize. We have no idea how we missed not paying for this auction. We will sending payment IMMEDIATELY after we send this mail to you. We kindly request that you DO NOT leave us feedback for this transaction. !

I found it really odd that they did not want feedback left (especially since they have under 30 FB). Usually it's the other way around and people demand to have feedback left. Is there any logical reason to not leave a positive feedback after I got paid in under 7 days?
I guess it would depend on what they bought. I've heard some stories about people doing this so there isn't a trail back to the original auction. :?: Or I could just be paranoid.

Or markakis8 could be right. :)

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I would test the water on this, send them back an email telling them that you arent upset about things and that you intend to leave a positive feedback (assuming you were going to).

If they send back a message insisting that you dont, then I would be pressed to ask why?

If they send a message saying thank you (or anything along those lines) then they probably were worried about a negative, like markakis was saying.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
There was a thread a few months ago...I think it went something like this:

A seller (board member) left positive feedback for a buyer. The buyer sent back an angry email stating they specifically requested "X" and no feedback be left. The seller was confused why the buyer didn't want the positive feedback...but they also never remembered seeing the request from the buyer. The buyer later stated they had confused the auction with another transaction.

I have no idea why people try and go all "James Bond" when buying and selling every day items on ebay - a particular board member does come to mind. I could understand not wanting to leave a trail behind if you are buying something like a butt plug...however, sports cards. Who cares?

Like I said the other day, until they require IQ tests to buy/sell on ebay it is going to be a battleground for nitwits.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
DaleMurphyCollector said:
I buy all my butt plugs, sex swings, and pony lubrication under a seperate eBay ID from the one I use to buy cards. I don't like feedback left on any of those transactions.

BTW, you left your pony tied to the tree in my backyard again last night. You need to pick it up and drive it over to the east side before filming starts at 2:00 today. Don't be late! I don't feel like paying the camera crew to stand around picking their arse again!

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I might not make it. That mother fracker kicked me in the groin last night when I was trying to get him in the swing. I'm pretty sore this morning. I might be able to pick him up and get him to the shoot, but there's no way I'm in any condition to perform.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
DaleMurphyCollector said:
I might not make it. That mother fracker kicked me in the groin last night when I was trying to get him in the swing. I'm pretty sore this morning. I might be able to pick him up and get him to the shoot, but there's no way I'm in any condition to perform.

Look, I'm sure the swelling has induced a little sense of pride and given your self esteem a boost but we discussed this countless times in the past. You are never going to be on camera. You are a stage-hand and fluffer...that is it. I have no idea how to make that any clearer to you.

BTW, a few cast members complained that you were showing off that fact you are clean shaven "downstairs" again. Dude, that has to stop!

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Hey everyone, I have had this happen before. What I think is happening is.....the purchase is a present and the person it is for checks the feedback and know what Mom/Dad bought. That was the reasoning once before for something I sold.

shame on you mu and dmc... its offensive that you predicate the concept that only horses, ponies and donkeys are worthy of physical interaction with humans. you have joined the ranks of the elitist sheep and pig fanatics that assume their lustful wishes are superior. i ask you what about the other animals? do you honestly think the alpaca would not make a worthy object in mans pursuit of visually stimulating erotica?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
notjomommasclint said:
shame on you mu and dmc... its offensive that you predicate the concept that only horses, ponies and donkeys are worthy of physical interaction with humans. you have joined the ranks of the elitist sheep and pig fanatics that assume their lustful wishes are superior. i ask you what about the other animals? do you honestly think the alpaca would not make a worthy object in mans pursuit of visually stimulating erotica?

For the last time, the donkey doesn't need a fluffer...please stop sending me those PM's! BTW, is it even possible to "fluff" an alpaca?

What the heck is wrong with you people?

muchuckwagon said:
notjomommasclint said:

For the last time, the donkey doesn't need a fluffer...please stop sending me those PM's! BTW, is it even possible to "fluff" an alpaca?

What the heck is wrong with you people?

i see no problem with the time tested love story of man buys animal, uses animal to haul gear through a rugged mountain pass, hides behind animal to avoid winter storm, uses animal to haul more gear, makes sweet sweet love to animal, then fakes falling in love only to exploit the animal for video taping purposes.

also those pms were not offers to be the fluffer thats what we round these parts call bragging. as far as being able to fluff an alpaca? if you have to ask you just cant afford it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts