Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

the stupidity of the human race...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
just checking ebay, and noticed 1998 bowman darnell mcdonald stuff spiking.
really? i guess he could hit 74 homers this year or bat 1.000.
just wow.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Maybe for the buyers, but hey back in the day people had LOTS of '97 and '98 Chrome RC's in rather large lots. McDonald was not one of mine and I don't care to mention who was, but any chance of selling them now is a good thing rathr than having them in the quarter or dime box.

EDIT: Anyone here need any Travis Lee's?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm still sitting on Jayson Werth stuff f/'97 Bowman ::facepalm:: ...

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I thought McDonald's name sounded familiar. I definitely remember his cards from late 90s Bowman. No idea where I'd have them stored today, though. Oh well.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
rehmus said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Maybe people want to own them as a fan of the team, or seeing a journeyman have some success, even if limited.

THIS.

There are probably more than a few people who want rooks of everyone to ever put on a Sox uniform.

You mean there are still people in this "hobby" who don't care about how much they will be able to flip something for?

/sarcasm

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
For one shining moment in his career, one journeyman player gave Sox fans something to talk about, something to remember, something that made them happy for a day, and you are calling them stupid?

I think it's moments and sales like this that are good for the hobby. Who cares if you spent ten dollars on a card that can be picked up for a dime a month later- that's what's so great about impulse buys. The buyers will always remember that home run and game winning hit forever, and just those fond memories and special feelings is worth the ten dollars everytime they look at that card.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
brouthercard said:
For one shining moment in his career, one journeyman player gave Sox fans something to talk about, something to remember, something that made them happy for a day, and you are calling them stupid?

I think it's moments and sales like this that are good for the hobby. Who cares if you spent ten dollars on a card that can be picked up for a dime a month later- that's what's so great about impulse buys. The buyers will always remember that home run and game winning hit forever, and just those fond memories and special feelings is worth the ten dollars everytime they look at that card.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
brouthercard said:

Cornier than ethanol, but to me, this is the post of the year thus far.

Ant

Latest posts