Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Zambrano shifted to Cubs' bullpen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
andyduke86 said:
I guess they thought Carlos Silva was better in the rotation than Big Z? That's rough.
Exactly...and that just sounds crazy, but on paper, right now it makes sense.

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
This is very interesting. I think Zambrano could be a beast coming out of the pen and going 2 innings. His last few outings he has really racked up the pitch count and it has affected how deep he goes into games. It will be interesting to see how Pinella uses him which I think will ultimately determine if this is a good move or not.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
mredsox89 said:
$18,875,000 for a guy sent to the pen. Nice. Not to mention the same salary next season, and 19M in 2012

and they wonder why they cant win a World Series, seems like they're always wasting large sums of money on players who just tank it

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
chi-town sports radio having a blast with this news

prediction = Z in another uniform if this lasted into June

I disagree. Management wouldn't make this move if Z wasn't on board plus no team is going to take on his contract.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
cubfan131 said:
kentuckyderby said:

I disagree. Management wouldn't make this move if Z wasn't on board plus no team is going to take on his contract.

SOMEONE eventually agrees to take on contract whenever these high salary guys are discussed

Z might be on board now but you never know with that headcase

the sad part is that he is usually one of their better bats in the lineup
now he can only be used as pinch hitter if he plans on pitching in that game

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
cubfan131 said:
kentuckyderby said:

SOMEONE eventually agrees to take on contract whenever these high salary guys are discussed

Z might be on board now but you never know with that headcase

the sad part is that he is usually one of their better bats in the lineup
now he can only be used as pinch hitter if he plans on pitching in that game

Not necessarily, this is why I mentioned above the brilliance of this move depends on how Lou uses him. He can get creative and put Z in to pitch for 2 innings and not use a pinch hitter for him essentially saving a bench bat. Of course brilliant and Cubs management are almost oxymorons.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
cubfan131 said:

History does not agree with you. See: underachieving jettisoned ex-Cub Milton Bradley.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
AKT74 said:
I am no Fantasy baseball expert, but doesn't this really screw some people?

Yes. Not me, because I'm not playing FBB this season, but I'd imagine those who picked him used a pretty decent middle-ish round pick to grab him, as he is/was an ace. Some people probably just got futtbucked.

Ant

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I'm a fantasy expert and, he'll be back in the rotation in a few weeks. This wont stick. I'd actually buy him right now.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
First off, just let me say.........................

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

This is great.

Big Z's gotta be the only 91.5 million set-up man in the big leagues!

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
thefasterblade said:
Has anyone heard from Zambrano38 today? I hope he doesn't do anything drastic.

I'm doing alright :lol: The news kinda shocks me. I know the bullpen sucks, but come on. Z looked good in his last start. He just needs to handle his pitch count better. It's going to be a lot harder to watch him pitch now; I liked knowing when he was pitching ::facepalm:: I really hope this doesn't last long.

I have my best Zambrano mailday ever coming this weekend.

BTW Z has a full no trade clause.

Members online

Latest posts