Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

April PSA CC Special - anyone wanna hop on my sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Here are the details:

April Collectors Club Special #2:
Sports & Non-Sports Cards - 1964 to Present - $4.50 per Card - 50 Card Minimum Quantity Required

* For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
* For Silver, Gold & Platinum Members
* Turnaround Time is Varies with Demand (Approximately 45 Business Days)
* Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 4/1/2010 - 4/30/2010!

I'll be sending the cards in next weekend at the Shriner's show here in MA where PSA will be set up. Anybody interested let me know. A great way to get some of those less expensive cards graded by PSA. If you have any questions, let me know.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Bump to see if anyone else wants to get in. Cards should be sent out by Saturday to make it to me on time.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
cgilmo said:

This kinda kills it.

They're not too strict about enforcing that. I routinely send $500 cards in these orders. For modern stuff I don't think they really care (or don't know enough about them). It's more the vintage stuff that they wanna gouge you on.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
JVC said:
cgilmo said:

This kinda kills it.

They're not too strict about enforcing that. I routinely send $500 cards in these orders. For modern stuff I don't think they really care (or don't know enough about them). It's more the vintage stuff that they wanna gouge you on.

I wouldn't sub modern stuff PSA though, just vintage.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
cgilmo said:
JVC said:
cgilmo said:

This kinda kills it.

I wouldn't sub modern stuff PSA though, just vintage.

For those 90's inserts, PSA is the way to go. I've found that they sell significantly higher in PSA form. Especially basketball.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's been forever since I've submitted anything to them, so I gotta ask.

1) Have they finally woken up and decided to give their customers updates on their submissions as it's going through their service?
1b) Are their customer service reps still as clueless as ever when it comes to inquiring on the status of one's submission?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Jaypers said:

1) Have they finally woken up and decided to give their customers updates on their submissions as it's going through their service?
1b) Are their customer service reps still as clueless as ever when it comes to inquiring on the status of one's submission?

I haven't had any problems with their status updates. Just like BGS, you can check your orders online. The status will show up as either working or shipped. What they will do that BGS doesn't is if only a portion of the order has been graded, they will upload the grades online so you can see which ones have been finished and which ones haven't before the whole order ships. BGS will only display the grades when the whole order is done.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JVC said:
Jaypers said:

I haven't had any problems with their status updates. Just like BGS, you can check your orders online. The status will show up as either working or shipped. What they will do that BGS doesn't is if only a portion of the order has been graded, they will upload the grades online so you can see which ones have been finished and which ones haven't before the whole order ships. BGS will only display the grades when the whole order is done.

That's new.

How many days does an "approximate" 45-day turnaround usually take these days, on average?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Jaypers said:

I sub to PSA about 6-8 times a year and will be doing so this month.

I find them easy to work with and their CS is great. Not sure the problem you might have occurred but I find them equal to BGS as to their knowing the status of your cards. Many people get frustrated when they sub the $4 special and their cards remain in the grading que.....you are spending $4 to get you cards graded so they are less a priority than the $15-$50 subs however they will be done within the month. If you want your grades faster pay more money.

The 45 day sub ranges, I just received one back in 2 weeks and another in 4 weeks....depends on the amount of subs they have. Right now is a busy time since people are trying to sub and get grades back for the PSA Set Registry Competition/Awards given at theh Nationals.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
George_Calfas said:
I find them easy to work with and their CS is great. Not sure the problem you might have occurred but I find them equal to BGS as to their knowing the status of your cards.

When I was a member I found them extremely frustrating to get any info from. Sometimes they couldn't even acknowledge my shipment had arrived (when I knew it had), sometimes they were unable to locate it, but most of the time they'd just say "it's being processed".

I could get more informative answers from my cat.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Jaypers said:
JVC said:
Jaypers said:

That's new.

How many days does an "approximate" 45-day turnaround usually take these days, on average?

Just like George, I've gotten them back as quickly as 5 days and as long as 35 days. This one will probably be close to the 35 days.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JVC said:
Jaypers said:
JVC said:
Jaypers said:

That's new.

Just like George, I've gotten them back as quickly as 5 days and as long as 35 days. This one will probably be close to the 35 days.

Maybe I always seemed to draw the short stick then, as I'd never gotten one back any earlier than 20 days, and sometimes they'd take as long as 55.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Jaypers said:
George_Calfas said:
I find them easy to work with and their CS is great. Not sure the problem you might have occurred but I find them equal to BGS as to their knowing the status of your cards.

When I was a member I found them extremely frustrating to get any info from. Sometimes they couldn't even acknowledge my shipment had arrived (when I knew it had), sometimes they were unable to locate it, but most of the time they'd just say "it's being processed".

JP, that must have been a while ago. As for "its being processed" not sure what more they can give, either your cards are in process of being graded or completed. Orders are processed as received based on level of service. Their website is responsive for when your cards arrive/enter the que, grades complete, and shipped.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
George_Calfas said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="George_Calfas":3oza7lge]I find them easy to work with and their CS is great. Not sure the problem you might have occurred but I find them equal to BGS as to their knowing the status of your cards.

JP, that must have been a while ago. As for "its being processed" not sure what more they can give, either your cards are in process of being graded or completed. Orders are processed as received based on level of service. Their website is responsive for when your cards arrive/enter the que, grades complete, and shipped.[/quote:3oza7lge]

It was indeed a while ago. Their stock answer was given to me no matter what stage my order was in. One time I'd gotten my grades back but there was still no ship date after about a week. When I called to inquire about it, boom, stock answer.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
JP, sucks that you had issues with them but I think BGS is better for prospectors. If you ever sub or want to please let me know and I will take care of it.

Hey, I will be working in Springfield the second half of our field season, maybe we should meet up?

Members online