Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Robert Edward Auctions catalog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
I finally got my REA catalog yesterday via UPS... that thing is crazy! 700+ thick, glossy pages with full color photos... it's intense. Now I just gotta convince the wife that we *need* some of the stuff featured. Anyone here looking to buy some super high end memorabilia from the auction or had an experience bidding in the past?

A_Pharis

I've gotten it this year and last year. Last year it had a free magnet. :( No bonus this year, but the contents are amazing. That Ruth HR bat? Totally sick.

The Boner ball? Awesome story.

The oldest jersey with player identification (from 1908)? Freaking nice!

The Sy Berger complete set or original Topps art? Breathtaking.

I was showing my fiance that no matter where you opened this book to it was something amazing.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
There is some really cool stuff inside. I really like the first book to make reference to "base-ball". The cost of producing/sending these out is probably just a drop in the bucket to them, but it's cool that so much effort goes in to it!

Obama's Jeep Grand Cherokee is kinda strange, but whatever. Totally agree with you, though - flip to any page, and whatever item is featured would be the centerpiece of most anyone's collection.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I have one from every year since 2005.They make great reference material.They print the catalogs 20 minutes from my house so I get them quick each year.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
When do they first come out each year? Meaning, when do they start sending out new ones? I'd like to request one for my dad, I think he'd really enjoy it, but I dont want to tell him it's coming if he won't get it for 8 months. I think I requested mine a month ago, maybe? I actually found out about through the forums here... The auction ends in about a week, so I'm guessing no more are being sent out at the moment.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
The catalogs are absolutely beautiful, i've kept mine as well. Saving up to bid on something one of these days.......

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Oh, it STARTS May 1? I read it as ending... maybe I will order him one, then. Good stuff. The write ups are kinda cool, too. Lots of effort clearly goes in to this, as I suppose it should for the money being thrown around!

I like some of the cheaper vintage stuff, like the 'complete set' of 1972 Hostess boxes (I think that was the year).

A_Pharis

jswaykos said:
Oh, it STARTS May 1? I read it as ending... maybe I will order him one, then. Good stuff. The write ups are kinda cool, too. Lots of effort clearly goes in to this, as I suppose it should for the money being thrown around!

I like some of the cheaper vintage stuff, like the 'complete set' of 1972 Hostess boxes (I think that was the year).

Oh, crap, you're right. It does end May 1st.

I thought last year that the majority of the catalogs went out the month prior. My bad.

Members online

Latest posts