Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fair Value for '07 BCDP Alex Gordon Red Ref #1/5?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
pulled this out of 1 of my recent 07 bcdp cases. have gotten some lowball offers ($30 LOL no thanks) + an offer I consider to be decent, but i wanted to see what most people thought was a 'fair' offer for this card. not sure if it matters, but 1 guy has 4 out of 5 of these cards, so another 1 isn't likely to pop up anytime soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Seems that the other guy may pay a premium for it given he already has the other 80% of the print run.

rainmanesq said:
pulled this out of 1 of my recent 07 bcdp cases. have gotten some lowball offers ($30 LOL no thanks) + an offer I consider to be decent, but i wanted to see what most people thought was a 'fair' offer for this card. not sure if it matters, but 1 guy has 4 out of 5 of these cards, so another 1 isn't likely to pop up anytime soon.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
rainmanesq said:

No clue on price, but I'd say you need to find "that guy" asap.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I think your BIN is fair. And to be honest, I would not sell it for a penny cheaper. I would take away the b.o. option and let it ride. I believe their is still a solid chance he will become a quality mlb starter and there will be plenty of upside to that card. As a matter of fact, I think now could possibly be the worst time to sell that card ever.

EDIT: Oops, I thought that was an 06' for a second...

I thikn $75-$100 would be a solid sell.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Seems that the other guy may pay a premium for it given he already has the other 80% of the print run.

rainmanesq said:

Assuming only 5 were made.. ::facepalm::

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
I think $100-$125 would be a fair value, also Jen if you pull a Frank Gailey gold ref from some 07 draft keep me in mind please :D

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
matfanofold said:
I think your BIN is fair. And to be honest, I would not sell it for a penny cheaper. I would take away the b.o. option and let it ride. I believe their is stil la solid chance he will become a quality mlb starter and there will be plenty of upside to that card. As a matter of fact, I think now could possibly be the worst time to sell that card ever.
i'm not desperate to sell the card...honestly, i just threw it up to see if anyone would hit the BIN/make a decent offer. i think my BIN is fair (i'm willing to negotiate w/i reason), but i've gotten more lowball (think $30) type of offers than 'worth considering' (though the current offer is 'worth considering' but not 'omg, totally taking this now bc it's insanely good')

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
jjj7880 said:
I think $100-$125 would be a fair value, also Jen if you pull a Frank Gailey gold ref from some 07 draft keep me in mind please :D
will lyk if i come across a gailey gold. sadly, once 07 bcdp rose past $400 thanks to some dude named GodHeyward, i stopped ripping.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I'd hold onto it Jen. If he shows anything, it's going to go up. If he shows nothing he's going to be traded. He's been told to **** or get off the pot. There is talk of moving him to 1st, but Butler is playing decent. Basically, I don't see him in KC if he gets hot. The town is through with his bull hockey.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I do not see Butler playing 1st long term. He is terrible at 1st. He is best suited at DH

justinmandawg said:
I'd hold onto it Jen. If he shows anything, it's going to go up. If he shows nothing he's going to be traded. He's been told to shat or get off the pot. There is talk of moving him to 1st, but Butler is playing decent. Basically, I don't see him in KC if he gets hot. The town is through with his bull hockey.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/st...&sitSplit=&venueID=&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

Going to have to go ahead and disagree with you.

So they move Butler to DH to put Gordon at first. Where does Guillen go? He cannot play in the field. Gordon has 2 errors in 3 tries. If he pops his glove one more time after fielding the ball I'm going to punch him in the ****. Butler has busted his ass to get better in the field and it's showing as the above stats will provide. There is no need to move a guy that has made 1 error to put in a guy that will easily make errors at 3x the clip butler makes and can only hit a fastball.

i was so excited when Gordon came here. Until he was unwilling to take coaching from guys that had won things like batting crowns and rookies of the year. Screw him.

Huffamaniac said:
I do not see Butler playing 1st long term. He is terrible at 1st. He is best suited at DH

justinmandawg said:
I'd hold onto it Jen. If he shows anything, it's going to go up. If he shows nothing he's going to be traded. He's been told to shat or get off the pot. There is talk of moving him to 1st, but Butler is playing decent. Basically, I don't see him in KC if he gets hot. The town is through with his bull hockey.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
its a 75 card now, another year of his same suckage and it is obv a lot less. i think your BIN is right on, cus he could hit 2 homers in a game and someone might nail it. good luck

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
boomo said:
its a 75 card now, another year of his same suckage and it is obv a lot less. i think your BIN is right on, cus he could hit 2 homers in a game and someone might nail it. good luck
yeah, i'm over gordon from a 'prospecting' pov (i sold his gold ref au @ the peak of hype), so have no emotional ties to the card. current highest offer is 100, which, considering the case already paid for itself + then some, is tempting b/c cash is always nice + i don't have to wonder when/if alex will actually prove he was once worthy of his omggodbeforeheywardwas hype

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
rainmanesq said:
matfanofold said:
I think your BIN is fair. And to be honest, I would not sell it for a penny cheaper. I would take away the b.o. option and let it ride. I believe their is stil la solid chance he will become a quality mlb starter and there will be plenty of upside to that card. As a matter of fact, I think now could possibly be the worst time to sell that card ever.
i'm not desperate to sell the card...honestly, i just threw it up to see if anyone would hit the BIN/make a decent offer. i think my BIN is fair (i'm willing to negotiate w/i reason), but i've gotten more lowball (think $30) type of offers than 'worth considering' (though the current offer is 'worth considering' but not 'omg, totally taking this now bc it's insanely good')

I've been getting hit with a bunch of ridiculous lowball offers lately too. I don't ever get offended by offers, but sometimes I wonder why people even offer. I'm getting offers of $10 and $12.50 for a BGS 9.5 version of a card that sells $25 raw. $30 for a RC Red Ref of a decent major leaguer (who supposedly still has the potential to be a superstar if he puts it together)? Come on, a gold might get that much.

Again I echo, what's the point of even offering if you're gonna throw out such a ridiculously low number?

As far as value of your Gordon, I would think anywhere in the $75-$150 range is pretty fair.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
These green rookie cards don't sell for as much as people seem to be thinking they do. $100 for this card is ridiculous. I have moved several of these, not Gordon but other high profile "bust" type prospects, and $45-55 should be about the going rate. If you got anything more than that, jump on it.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I've been getting hit with a bunch of ridiculous lowball offers lately too. I don't ever get offended by offers, but sometimes I wonder why people even offer. I'm getting offers of $10 and $12.50 for a BGS 9.5 version of a card that sells $25 raw. $30 for a RC Red Ref of a decent major leaguer (who supposedly still has the potential to be a superstar if he puts it together)? Come on, a gold might get that much.

Again I echo, what's the point of even offering if you're gonna throw out such a ridiculously low number?

As far as value of your Gordon, I would think anywhere in the $75-$150 range is pretty fair.

I'm sure for the same reason I do it. There was once a card I really wanted, I would have paid $120, but the guy put the BIN/BO @ $500! I just figured he was stupid and didn't want to hear about my "lowball" offer of $120. Then a few days later I saw that he accepted an offer of $80! So now I just offer what I'm willing to pay, because you never know... I'm not trying to insult anybody by saying their card is worth way less than they want for it, I just want to make sure that they aren't willing to accept what I'm willing to offer.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
bradical said:
When you pulled this card, I sent you a link to a member who had the other 4. Did you contact him about buying it?
yep, we were in contact, but his offers were < 100. wanted to contact him again 1 last time about it to see if he'll pay > $100, but forget his fcb name (cub...?)

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
rainmanesq said:
bradical said:
When you pulled this card, I sent you a link to a member who had the other 4. Did you contact him about buying it?
yep, we were in contact, but his offers were < 100. wanted to contact him again 1 last time about it to see if he'll pay > $100, but forget his fcb name (cub...?)

Sell, Mortimer, Sell!

If you hit triple digits for a green RC of a 26 year old player that was sent to AAA last year then God bless whoever if buying it from you. That's a sweetheart of an offer. Chris Coghlan's 07 draft red refractor just went for $85 and it's hard to argue that he's not a superior gamble at this point than Gordon. Even $85 for that card is high.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
If you have an offer of $100 you would be stupid not to take it. I wouldnt give over $25 for it. Alex Gordon is a forgotten kid in the world of prospecting. Take the $$$ and move on.

Members online

Latest posts