Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fading and 2007 Sweet Spot Glove Auto's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I was hoping someone could provide some info on these. I have one that I picked up recently where the auto looks like it might have faded ever so slightly, but certainly not significantly if at all. Was 2007 the year with the fading issues? Are they all prone to fading?

Any help is appreciated.

rdg00001

Nov 11, 2008
United States
Topnotchsy said:
I was hoping someone could provide some info on these. I have one that I picked up recently where the auto looks like it might have faded ever so slightly, but certainly not significantly if at all. Was 2007 the year with the fading issues? Are they all prone to fading?

Any help is appreciated.
Actually, of all the 2007's, the barrel and glove autos are the only ones that don NOT seem to fade too badly. The ball autos from 2007 all fade badly. The glove/barrel autos are signed in more pf a paint pen that does not seem to fade. Golve autos from 2004 and 2005 are the ones you really want to watch out for, as they fade badly as well.

Couple of 2007 examples

07ss-capuano-silver-barrel.jpg
07ss-willingham-glove-1-1.jpg
07ssc-winfield-glove.jpg
07ssc-oliver-glove-gold.jpg

And this one is a bit faded, but it is not terrible...
07ssc-larsen-glove.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
brouthercard said:
They are all prone to fading, particularly 2007 sweet spot classics.
Thanks.

rdg00001 said:
Topnotchsy said:

Any help is appreciated.
Actually, of all the 2007's, the barrel and glove autos are the only ones that don NOT seem to fade too badly. The ball autos from 2007 all fade badly. The glove/barrel autos are signed in more pf a paint pen that does not seem to fade. Golve autos from 2004 and 2005 are the ones you really want to watch out for, as they fade badly as well.

Couple of 2007 examples

07ss-capuano-silver-barrel.jpg
07ss-willingham-glove-1-1.jpg
07ssc-winfield-glove.jpg
07ssc-oliver-glove-gold.jpg

And this one is a bit faded, but it is not terrible...
07ssc-larsen-glove.jpg
I was hoping you might respond as you've got to have as much knowledge about these as anyone. Thanks a lot!!

Members online

Latest posts