Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone bid on the various lots of back doored Xfractors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
This guy put up lots of 10-13 xfractors of each player. I won this of 13 for .99 so like .8 cents each haha

denkylot.jpg

Anyone else pick up any?

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
boxbreaker44 said:
http://shop.ebay.com/cstowe2/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A1%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&_ipg=&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_pgn=1

That Hellickson lot will probably bring in some good money, might pickup a couple lots for IP autos. Topps needs to get this backdooring crap fixed cuz thats bs

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Is this going to be the blanket statement for all of these backdoored cards now?

BECKETT STATES THAT ONLY 250 COPIES WERE PRODUCED OF THIS CARD. THESE ARE NOT SERIAL NUMBERED.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
this was one of those auctions where I didn't read the description.
I won the Lorenzo Cain lot. :-/

Now that I read the thread, and noticed the serial #, I don't even want them. I've successfully avoided all the non serial gold refractors thus far, but I got took on this one.

I won them, so I'll pay for them, but they may as well be target practice, because there's no way in good conscience that I can resell these illegitimate cards. :|

****Just to see what he'd say, I asked him about them. He wrote
"Hello, I bought a dealer out in the last show in Chicago and these were in the deal. Yes, they are real. These are not serial numbered and from what i have been told these are replacement cards given out by Topps. Hope this clears things up for you..."

Isn't there a way to get a statement from Topps, or from a Topps representative, on all these? Can't we force them to make one??
This is crap.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:

Now that I read the thread, and noticed the serial #, I don't even want them. I've successfully avoided all the non serial gold refractors thus far, but I got took on this one.

I won them, so I'll pay for them, but they may as well be target practice, because there's no way in good conscience that I can resell these illegitimate cards. :|

Trading them?

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
Kevbo said:

Trading them?

Burning them.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Kevbo said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Kevbo said:

Trading them?

Burning them.
youtube it!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I will. Stay Tuned!!
Funny thing is, it won't be the first time I destroy brewers cards on video.
Carlos Villanueva really got to me last year and for about a month straight I burned his sotf cards whenever he blew a game. If I had some Latroy Hawkins, he'd get it too. It's cleansing.

But really. There's influential people around here who know Topps guys, and a statement from them could at least put a ripple in the sales of all these non-serial #d cards. I'm sure there are people who would say it's not Topps' problem and all that, but turning a blind eye is the same as giving permission, imo.
Just like fake patch cards, people are buying these thinking they're legit. That's not the case with me tonight, I just didn't read the whole description - but collectors need some ammo to battle with, and a statement could go a long way.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Just posted this on Topps' facebook page. Let's see if I get a response or if I get removed.

Dear friends at Topps -- recently eBay has been populated with a great number of "unnumbered" gold refractors and xfractors from Bowman Chrome/Sterling, especially in great quantities as per this seller tagged here. Does Topps have an official statement to make on this particular issue of unnumbered refractors?

(attach link to all of the xfractor auctions)

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
if the seller left out the statement "/250. BECKETT STATES THAT ONLY 250 COPIES WERE PRODUCED OF THIS CARD." and only said they're non serialized xfractors, would there be less outcry towards the seller[not Topps]?

Members online

Latest posts