Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Report from New Hampshire @ Altoona

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Gotta be quick here. I'll have a larger post tomorrow after school.

Got there 45 min early.

In this order:
Kinda confused by this first player. He was wearing #33 which is Andrew Pinckney, but his signature says 57, so I'm confused. I'll scan tomorrow
J.P. Arencibia 2/2 Tristar and SS ROMLB
Dave LaRoche 1/1 CC
Brian Dopirak 1/1 CC
Gary Cathcart 1/1 CC
Ryan Patterson 1/1 CC
Jason Burch 1/1 CC
Mike MacDonald 1/1 CC

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Mike

G

Here we go:

Andrew Pinckney (maybe)
IP009.jpg

J.P. Arencibia
IP010.jpg
IP017.jpg

Dave LaRoche
IP011.jpg

Brian Dopirak
IP012.jpg

Gary Cathcart
IP013.jpg

Ryan Patterson
IP014.jpg

Jason Burch
IP015.jpg

Mike MacDonald
IP016.jpg

Sorry for my huge scans. (I know I can shrink them in my bucket, I don't feel like it)

G

Thanks. It was my first time graphing a minor league game and I loved it! I got the autographs so easily! Especially J.P. he signed for 4 guys then my brother and I!

I wish I had a minor league stadium near me... :|

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Minor League games are great for getting autographs, as the players are usually accessible. I've got the Salem Avalanche about 20 minutes from my house. Interestingly, they will go from the Astros to the Red Sox, next season. The custom cards you made up look great, also.
DANNY

Pops8

Sep 17, 2008
Bedford, PA
MyPens66 said:
Thanks. It was my first time graphing a minor league game and I loved it! I got the autographs so easily! Especially J.P. he signed for 4 guys then my brother and I!

If you ever get back to Altoona, look me up. They're my local team (about 30-40 minutes). Graphing the visiting team is almost always a breeze. Hardly anyone is there. Except the token guy with 3 binders and the duffel bag. My son always does pretty well when we go. We usually wait for them to come back from their warm-ups in left field.

G

Pops8 said:
MyPens66 said:

If you ever get back to Altoona, look me up. They're my local team (about 30-40 minutes). Graphing the visiting team is almost always a breeze. Hardly anyone is there. Except the token guy with 3 binders and the duffel bag. My son always does pretty well when we go. We usually wait for them to come back from their warm-ups in left field.
I go up probably once a year on average. This one was great, because my cousin works for the Jays, so we met him. How often do you go to the games?

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Pops8 said:
MyPens66 said:

Pops, any tips on getting the Curve to sign? The few times I was up there it looked like only one or two guys from the club were signing, while the visiting teams were signing away.

Pops8

Sep 17, 2008
Bedford, PA
MyPens66 said:
Pops8 said:
MyPens66 said:

I go up probably once a year on average. This one was great, because my cousin works for the Jays, so we met him. How often do you go to the games?

I try to take my son once a month depending on our schedule. My wife and daughter are into horses, so when they're off for the weekend with the hay burners, Cam and I try to make a game. If you know ahead of time when you might be coming, shoot me a message. It would be great to meet someone from the boards and another Pirates fan. (We're decreasing in numbers, I believe)

Pops8

Sep 17, 2008
Bedford, PA
subject to change said:
Pops8 said:
MyPens66 said:

Pops, any tips on getting the Curve to sign? The few times I was up there it looked like only one or two guys from the club were signing, while the visiting teams were signing away.

I've found that getting there early and patience are the key. What frustrates me is that a lot of the guys will stand on the top step of the dugout and sign items tossed to them across the dugout roof. The "left" side of the dugout is where you can see the players the best, but there's only room for maybe two people. We typically go to the "right" side of the dugout (towards the outfield) and wait along the fence. I haven't found any tricks as of yet. I know some of the players seem to recognize the regulars and will sign for them first. We just wait and wait and wait for anyone to come by. I stay back and let my son get the autographs. I've tried to get him to be a little more vocal and talk to the players, but when he's in a crowd, he clams up.

I don't think I was much help for you. My best advice is to just pick a spot and wait. Unless you have a baseball and don't mind tossing it to a player over the dugout roof.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the tips. I only made it out for a handful of games this year, but nobody was doing the home side except for a few younger kids every time I was out there. I had a little on the right side of the dugout, but I guess I'll have to test some different things out next season.

Members online

Latest posts