Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No...No Way Mailday! (The Best I Will Ever Have)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Alright so I'll start out with a few Hollands:
scan0100.jpg

The centering isn't the best on these, but they were graded a raw review BGS 9 and BGS 8.5 before I cracked them out.
scan0102.jpg

scan0103.jpg

A nice pickup for the Soto collection:
scan0099.jpg

It looks nice with the other one I have:
sp-1.jpg

And of course some Zambranos:
/125
2008%20UD%20Masterpieces%20Framed%20Blue%20125.jpg

/50
2009%20Topps%20Chrome%20Gold%20Refractors%2050.jpg

/99 (Unripped)
2008%20Topps%20Allen%20and%20Ginter%20Rip%20Cards%2099.jpg

2009%20Topps%20Triple%20Threads%20Printing%20Plates%20Black%201.jpg

A nice rare auto copy of Zambrano's 2000 Topps Traded Rookie Auto (#65!)
2000%20Topps%20Traded%20Autographs.jpg

My 2nd button from this set and 3rd overall Z button. (I think he has 10 total button cards)
/4
2005%20Prime%20Patches%20Next%20Generation%20Button%204%201.jpg

And finally some memorabilia :)
All of these items come from Rob over at authenticgamers.com. He was looking to buy something, so I was able to acquire most of his Z collection (still working on photomatches)

First a nice game used bat and with a perfect auto as well! It is most likely from 2004, but there are very few photos of Z batting back then (Game used bat #6)
Carlos%20Zambrano%20Game%20Used%20Autographed%20X-Bat.jpg

Next a 2008 game used jersey (always wore alternate blues when pitching) (Game used jersey #6)
Carlos%20Zambrano%20Game%20Used%202008%20Alternate%20Blue%20Jersey.jpg

And my second Zambrano game used fielding glove; it is the same style as my other one; this one has a ton of use!
Carlos%20Zambrano%20Game%20Used%20Easton%20Fielding%20Glove.jpg

And finally the new crown jewel of the Z collection. Again I have to give a HUGE shoutout to Rob on this one as he worked hard for a while on getting it from the MLB for me, and he paid up front for it as well. I would have never even had the opportunity to own it without him. So here it is directly from the MLB and taken right off of the field.

From Z's best game?

September 14, 2008?

Here it is; the one and only game used home plate from Zambrano's no-hitter!!!!! :D :D :D
I still can't believe I own it; I am in a state of shock right now :shock:
Home%20Plate%20from%20September%2014,%202008%20(Carlos%20Zambrano's%20No-Hitter).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Nice stuff. I was shocked to see that they put him in the bullpen after his start against the Mets. Some day I'll get an actual "G/U" piece of one of my guys. Congrats.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Very nice! Any idea where the pitching rubber is from his no-no? That would be a hell of a set.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
That home plate would be from Miller Park, right? VERY cool addition. How many collectors anywhere can say they have no-hit memorabilia of anyone who is any good?

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
AKT74 said:
Very nice! Any idea where the pitching rubber is from his no-no? That would be a hell of a set.

Thanks for all of the comments. Sadly, even with the slump his memorabilia prices are still the same due to lack of supply. Mounted Memories cut the pitching rubber was cut up :evil:
730.jpg
As a result, when Rob said that he could get home plate from the MLB from me, I knew I had to give in and get it as I would pretty much never have a chance at anything from the no-no again. Now that it has finally arrived, I am very happy with my decision and can't stop looking at it!

Yep it was used at Miller Park!

Thanks!

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I didn't think it could get any better after that glove. Have you photomatched that one yet? Are you going to clean up the home plate and have him sign it or leave it as is? I was at a garage sale yesterday and saw a seatback from Wrigley signed by Fergie Jenkins. He also wrote a bunch of his career stats on it, but the guy was asking $100, which I thought was too high. If Zambrano did that for the plate, except with the stats for the game, it might look nice. It looks cool as it is, though. I'm not sure what I would do with it if I owned it.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
I didn't think it could get any better after that glove. Have you photomatched that one yet? Are you going to clean up the home plate and have him sign it or leave it as is? I was at a garage sale yesterday and saw a seatback from Wrigley signed by Fergie Jenkins. He also wrote a bunch of his career stats on it, but the guy was asking $100, which I thought was too high. If Zambrano did that for the plate, except with the stats for the game, it might look nice. It looks cool as it is, though. I'm not sure what I would do with it if I owned it.

I have been working on a photomatch, and I think it may be this one:
75552159.jpg

As for home plate, I am still thinking about it. At first, I thought for sure that I wanted to get it autographed, but now that I have seen it, I'm not really sure because it is pretty much impossible to bring it to a game to get auto'd, and Z only has one signing a year at the Cubs Convention, and you have to win a scratch off lottery. If I have the opportunity to get it signed I will most likely get it signed though.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
very nice mail day, So how do you display your collection of jerseys and such?

Right now it is not really displayed that well as I have fallen behind. I have some stuff framed and some stuff in cases. Not really sure how I'm going to display the base; right now it's just sitting on the table. Maybe I can get it signed and shadowboxed.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Zambrano38 said:
mrwhitesox30 said:

As for home plate, I am still thinking about it. At first, I thought for sure that I wanted to get it autographed, but now that I have seen it, I'm not really sure because it is pretty much impossible to bring it to a game to get auto'd, and Z only has one signing a year at the Cubs Convention, and you have to win a scratch off lottery. If I have the opportunity to get it signed I will most likely get it signed though.

This one looks great signed!
3561A_lg.jpeg

Members online

Latest posts