Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weird Baseball Contract Clauses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
The Schilling one is the most pathetic. Essentially, they agreed to pay him $2MM to stay in game shape.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
didn't Kevin Brown have something in his Dodgers contract about being able to go on the set for the Star Wars movies. I think the Dodgers where owned by Fox(?) who was making the new Star Wars films.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
I think Brown had a lot of strange clauses in that contract so it wouldn't surprise me about the Star Wars thing.
The article references Beltran's tennis ball machine. If I'm not mistaken, ESPN did a piece on it and it's intention is to improve vision and hand-eye coordination on pitched balls. Something like that. Too bad for Beltran that he didn't have a clause for a machine that would help his hurt ****** to heal.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
So instead of just paying Bonilla the $5.9M they owed him, they pay him $29M over 25 years? What kind of sense does that make? Oh...nevermind, it's the Mets. Are we absolutely sure the Mets aren't a branch of the US Govt? Maybe the Department of Baseball or something?