Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Please Help w/Info. Are Most Razor Auto's Damaged? HELP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I received my first look at Razor in person today as I received one of my bulk purchase's (20-25 Assorted Auto's from /199 & up). I am pretty dang impressed with how they look in person, as they look alot better in person as opposed to how they look online in a pic/scan! My horror came with the very 1st card as I examined it as I do all of my mail, the edge's are horrific as they are chipped to the point of being considered rigid (I tried to scan but the white background's make them very hard to see what I am describing). I wanted to know if this is how alot of them are or did I just get a "jacked up" batch? I read in several case break's the description of the condition's as "chipping" but this to me seems more like the material was cut improperly, with a dull blade, or just flat out was cut unprofessionally (meaning they weren't tested beforehand). I also noticed that they seem to be easily indented, & the marks are extremely noticeable. I look forward to buying more of these but if my sample size is the norm with these card's then I'd say grading & using the Mint/nrmt-mint/Nearmt/etc term's are going to need to be meant entirely different, because these are not "Mint" card's in the common sense of the meaning. Anyhow, lmk your own experience with the Razor Sig. Series card's? Thanks & have a good night, Dave. :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
moxacaine said:
It is a common issue with these cards.

Thanks for the reply Mox! So for instance, when I decide on reselling these card's how should I go about describing the condition? First off, I am very detailed in my auction's (to a fault) but I do not like the idea of listing these as damaged if that is the norm with these; should these card's be considered in the same class (as far as condition) as Exquisite's (because you know when you're bidding on those that a listed condition of Mint is going to come with the common dings & such because of the thickness & type of card's they are)? I'd just like to know because I haven't found a Razor auction where the seller list's them as damaged/chipped, they've all either left out condition (or went with "straight from the pack & into a case...which is extremely vague as that doesn't mean squat on condition) or they list them as Mint/Nrmt-Mint...& in my opinion these are not Nrmt-Mint. LMK what you think?

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
HoustonTeams4Me said:
moxacaine said:
It is a common issue with these cards.

Thanks for the reply Mox! So for instance, when I decide on reselling these card's how should I go about describing the condition? First off, I am very detailed in my auction's (to a fault) but I do not like the idea of listing these as damaged if that is the norm with these; should these card's be considered in the same class (as far as condition) as Exquisite's (because you know when you're bidding on those that a listed condition of Mint is going to come with the common dings & such because of the thickness & type of card's they are)? I'd just like to know because I haven't found a Razor auction where the seller list's them as damaged/chipped, they've all either left out condition (or went with "straight from the pack & into a case...which is extremely vague as that doesn't mean squat on condition) or they list them as Mint/Nrmt-Mint...& in my opinion these are not Nrmt-Mint. LMK what you think?

I would just state that the card has some chipping on the edges which is a common occurence with this product.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
That would be what you would do if you had common sense, but I just wasted 15 minutes on this chasing my own tail....ugh :lol:
Thanks for replying, & the info. :D

Members online

Latest posts