Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

David Cone listed on 2009's Hall of Fame Ballot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Him, and a few others, on that list will not even get enough votes, to stay on the list for next year

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I don't think there's any way he'll make it, but I like him and I'm sure just getting a few votes and some consideration is enough to make him happy.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Good ole' David Cone, one of my favorites!

The guy had a brilliant carear lasting about 18 seasons. He had 200+/- W's around 2700 K's and a CY to boot! And as much as I love to see his name on a ballot, as I'm sure he is happy as well, there is no chance in hell for induction. I'm sorry, but a very good carear with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory simply does not equate to a Hall of Famer...

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
matfanofold said:

The guy had a brilliant carear lasting about 18 seasons. He had 200+/- W's around 2700 K's and a CY to boot! And as much as I love to see his name on a ballot, as I'm sure he is happy as well, there is no chance in hell for induction. I'm sorry, but a very good carear with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory simply does not equate to a Hall of Famer...
CRAZY1.gif

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
i think there are to many other better players who get the votes. rickey and mark grace will get alot. rickey is getting in, i think grace will have the second most then mcgwire

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:

CRAZY1.gif

I dont know, perhaps I'm just silly but I consider a guy who had a 18 year carear, almost 200 wins and 2700 K's, not to mention a hand full of all star appearances and a Cy Young award, a pitcher that had a very good carear with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory..

Unless you mean that should equate to the HOF???

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
matfanofold said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:

CRAZY1.gif

I dont know, perhaps I'm just silly but I consider a guy who had a 18 year carear, almost 200 wins and 2700 K's, not to mention a hand full of all star appearances and a Cy Young award, a pitcher that had a very good carear with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory..

No,I agree that he had a very good career but to say that someone with a very good career with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory doesn't equate to a hall of famer is crazy..just look at Tony Perez.

Again I wasnt calling you crazy Tony Perez was.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:

CRAZY1.gif

No,I agree that he had a very good career but to say that someone with a very good career with shades of brilliance and a dash of glory doesn't equate to a hall of famer is crazy..just look at Tony Perez.

Bah, Tony P can suck my ass....

Seriously though, I just do not see it happening for cone. I would be very happy for him if he got in, but I would loose all respect for the HOF and what it means to be a HOF'er. Where or when in Davids carear was he ever the best aside from one year? Where did he dominate, for how long? Yes, he was a solid starter. Yes he had high points, but all in all he was an above average pitcher with a very good carear. He did not dominate his generation, he was not a 'face of the game' player and by no means was he ever better than very good(read not great) aside from one year.

I love Cone, he will not get in.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
matfanofold said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
matfanofold said:

CRAZY1.gif

Bah, Tony P can suck my ass....

Seriously though, I just do not see it happening for cone. I would be very happy for him if he got in, but I would loose all respect for the HOF and what it means to be a HOF'er. Where or when in Davids carear was he ever the best aside from one year? Where did he dominate, for how long? Yes, he was a solid starter. Yes he had high points, but all in all he was an above average pitcher with a very good carear. He did not dominate his generation, he was not a 'face of the game' player and by no means was he ever better than very good(read not great) aside from one year.

I love Cone, he will not get in.

:lol:
Perfect post.Solid pitcher but not hall worthy.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
There are a lot of solid athletes who aren't hall worthy. Those are the kind of players that make it into "Team HOFs." Too many...it's already become the Hall of Watered-down-Fame, no offense to Cone (any team would have been happy to have him in his prime), but he'd only further muddy the water.

G

A_Pharis said:
That website has embedded virus script.

Just so you guys know.
Works fine for me, close the **** browser first before opening the site! :lol:

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Pine Tar said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2zt0rayz]That website has embedded virus script.

Just so you guys know.
Works fine for me, close the **** browser first before opening the site! :lol:[/quote:2zt0rayz]
:lol: :lol:
post of the week thread here we go

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Simply put if blylven (sp) is not in how would you put Cone in. Guidry gets laughed at and have one of the most dominating seasons ever. Sorry Coney your out.

Members online