Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stanton MANIA!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't think my buy was that far fetched, as I said earlier. Bulk lots of these are becoming much more rare, and typically get a premium. Plus, some have nice centering and could be 9.5 worthy, we'll see.

Rob's just sold for $90. [ebay:2e4raxje]270566718762[/ebay:2e4raxje]

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
see, i think people are selling too early

wait a bit before pulling the trigger on listing.

A lot of that depends on your buy-in, these were $30 at one point in time and if you can get 3 times that or more, its probably time to sell and not get too greedy.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I agree. I however only have 8 razor base autos at an average cost of $14.50

cgilmo said:
see, i think people are selling too early

wait a bit before pulling the trigger on listing.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
BTW, for those looking to hit those BIN's, please make sure your Bing.com 8% cashback is ready to go...no sense losing "free" money since they have instant cashbacks now...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I am really looking forward to seeing what the Blue Ref Auto ends at tonight. Got one of those myself, with better centering.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Jaypers said:
I don't think my buy was that far fetched, as I said earlier. Bulk lots of these are becoming much more rare, and typically get a premium. Plus, some have nice centering and could be 9.5 worthy, we'll see.

Rob's just sold for $90. [ebay:22aamxy7]270566718762[/ebay:22aamxy7]

Good luck on the grading of those. Between him and Flores in 2008 BDPP, it took multiple, multiple submissions of each to get a Gem Mint version.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
bradical said:
Jaypers said:

Rob's just sold for $90. [ebay:k8qctq0k]270566718762[/ebay:k8qctq0k]

Good luck on the grading of those. Between him and Flores in 2008 BDPP, it took multiple, multiple submissions of each to get a Gem Mint version.

Flores was a tough grade...damn surface scratches or whatever they were! :twisted:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Messier2 said:
bradical said:
Jaypers said:

Rob's just sold for $90. [ebay:15m35wzr]270566718762[/ebay:15m35wzr]

Flores was a tough grade...damn surface scratches or whatever they were! :twisted:

i subbed 20 flores with 0 gems

it's like he played hackey sack with them

richezOne

Aug 11, 2008
BAY AREA, CA
Jaypers said:
I am really looking forward to seeing what the Blue Ref Auto ends at tonight. Got one of those myself, with better centering.

Is it the one that you bought from me (I think In DEC. of last yr)?
was wondering if you ever got that graded.. Was gonna sub. it when i had it, but gave up on grading..

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
richezOne said:
Jaypers said:

was wondering if you ever got that graded.. Was gonna sub. it when i had it, but gave up on grading..

I believe it was. Didn't look quite 9.5 worthy, so I didn't submit it.

richezOne

Aug 11, 2008
BAY AREA, CA
Jaypers said:
richezOne said:
Jaypers said:

hmmm... I thought it looked clean enough for a shot...
What did you see wrong it?
if you like you can send it back for a refund :D
its out there.... JUST in case..

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
richezOne said:
Jaypers said:
richezOne said:
Jaypers said:

hmmm... I thought it looked clean enough for a shot...
What did you see wrong it?
if you like you can send it back for a refund :D
its out there.... JUST in case..

Back corners mostly, I believe. Plus, those front surfaces are notorious for those annoying little pin marks. Pretty sure it had one.

I think I paid $150, so no chance will I be returning it. :lol:

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
cgilmo said:
i subbed 20 flores with 0 gems

it's like he played hackey sack with them

:)

2008-bdpp111-wilmer-flores-auto.jpg
2008-bdpp115-michael-stanton-auto.jpg

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
MikeStantonChromeOne.jpg

MikeStantonChromeFour.jpg
MikeStantonChromeThree.jpg
MikeStantonRef.jpg
MichaelStantonBGSNine.jpg
MikeStantonnumberd.jpg
StantonTrueGem.jpg
MikeStantonXfractor.jpg
StantonXfractor.jpg

MikeStantonXfractor-1.jpg
StantonBlueOne.jpg
150/150 :mrgreen:
StantonBlueTwo.jpg
MikeStantonGold.jpg
Oh snap! I don't have these anymore
:benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson: :benson:

edit: I really don't think right now is the best time to sell either. If Stanton comes anywhere near a .300 30HR season AND becomes the #1 prospect in baseball as voted on by Baseball America, base chromes will probably top $150 like Heyward's.

Members online

Latest posts