Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTTF: 1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

This is a classic set that I liked so I thought I would chase after it. I found a guy at a show a while back that broke a nearly complete set and bought most of what he had. I've slowly been picking up the few I need but now I'm down to a few obscure cards that never get listed and a few biggies that I battle with player collectors to try to win. Here's what I still need.

1997 Bowman Chrome Baseball International Refractors
What I need:

1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 1 Derek Jeter
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 3 Hideo Nomo
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 8 Paul Molitor
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 18 Ryne Sandberg
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 43 Ken Caminiti
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 48 Albert Belle
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 53 Pedro Martinez
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 74 Jim Edmonds
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 83 Ivan Rodriguez
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 86 Brady Anderson
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 90 David Justice
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 100 Frank Thomas
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 102 Sidney Ponson
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 116 Darin Erstad
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 122 Jose Cruz Jr.
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 127 Andruw Jones
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 148 Donnie Sadler
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 157 Eric Milton
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 174 Calvin Pickering (upgrade wanted)
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 192 Eric Chavez
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 200 Derrek Lee
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 224 Nomar Garciaparra
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 255 Ben Grieve
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 256 Javier Vazquez (upgrade wanted)
1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors 293 Jayson Werth

If anyone has any of these, I'd love a shot at them. I'm down to 25 more for the set. There's a couple on the beckett marketplace but they're priced a little higher than I want to pay. Eventually, if I get down to 10 or less, I'll probably bite the bullet and pay the marketplace prices. After I finish it, I'll probably upgrade a few of the off-centered cards or cards with refractor lines. I have the vazquez and benson in my set now but they're both off centered so I still have them on my list. :(

Bill Menard said:
Good frickin LUCK :)

Thanks, amigo. I ended up winning the other Kerry Wood that was listed after you won yours. I paid 46.01 for mine shipped so I didn't win it as cheap as you won yours. The card you won looked like it had a refractor line just above his glove. How was the card once you got it? Any refractor lines? I also picked up an extra berkman for 86.56 that is nice. The seller scanned it in a one touch so it looked terrible but it looks flawless outside the holder. :)

shuedini said:
I would love to see scans of the ones you have!

I'll probably add them to my bucket once I get a little closer so that I can figure out which ones I need to upgrade. Bill Menard is also working on this set and has all his cards scanned in his bucket. I haven't had the time to scan my set yet but I will eventually.

Members online