Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Royals: Greinke, and Meche and Griffey, oh my!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
http://royalsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/302

That's fantastic. You're 12, what do you spend money on? Candy?

Gil: Probably baseball cards. Actually, I know it was baseball cards. Any money I got was on baseball cards. That has to be my best memory.

It's pretty good.

Gil: Yeah, because it's from childhood. Even to this day, when I might see a guy who was there, we'll talk about it. It was just a freak thing, you know? The guy throwing threw pretty hard, and I hit a grand slam off him.

You could swing it a little bit?

Gil: Yeah, but everybody could swing it when you're young. I bet even Zack here could swing it.

Do you still have a lot of baseball cards?

Gil: Oh yeah. I have a ton of cards. They're all at my dad's office until I can build a house back home. They're in one of his big rooms.

What's your favorite card?

Gil: Oh, that's easy. Griffey. The '89 Upper Deck.

Zack: That's a good one.

Gil: Yeah, I got a couple of those. I've got the '89 Upper Deck set that I never even opened. Still in the factory seal.

Zack: Man, that's worth some money.

Gil: It will be some day. Still in the factory seal. Yeah, that's my favorite card. The '89 Griffey.

lots of other good stuff too

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
whos idiot idea was it not to keep this guy on the Mariners? always liked Gil. good repertoire if I remember. slider right?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
donrusscrusademan said:
whos idiot idea was it not to keep this guy on the Mariners? always liked Gil. good repertoire if I remember. slider right?

Gil Meche is, and always will be, an injury waiting to happen.

With that said, that last year in Seattle he added something (which I can't remember right now) that really helped him get batters out.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
donrusscrusademan said:

I believe he got like 11M per year, so I doubt the Mariners wanted to pay that.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Skorris CCBC said:
donrusscrusademan said:

I believe he got like 11M per year, so I doubt the Mariners wanted to pay that.

oh yeah thats right...
was just looking back at some stats, didnt realize how bad he was for the mariners. he had some good outings mixed in

Members online

Latest posts