Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Will Get Promoted to AAA First?

First One to AAA?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
leatherman said:
Strasburg won't be making another start at AA.

Yea... this poll should be one sided..... he has dominated AA and likely wont make another start in AA.... so he should be in AAA for a likely Sunday start to keep him on his normal pitching schedule.

des1984

Aug 6, 2009
Personally, I don't think Strausburg or Stanton will play a game in AAA. I think they will both be moved directly to the Majors but if I had to pick one, it would be Strausburg over Stanton.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Lars Anderson is the answer to the question. The reason? Starsburg and Stanton will likely be playing in the majors in May, skipping AAA altogether. Anderson has enjoyed a very nice start to the season (SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) and will likely be moved up from Portland to Pawtucket if he continues to hit in AA. I think the Red Sox are ready to see what they have in Anderson and if can realistically be counted on for the parent club by 2011/2012.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bigpops65 said:
Lars Anderson is the answer to the question. The reason? Starsburg and Stanton will likely be playing in the majors in May, skipping AAA altogether. Anderson has enjoyed a very nice start to the season (SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH) and will likely be moved up from Portland to Pawtucket if he continues to hit in AA. I think the Red Sox are ready to see what they have in Anderson and if can realistically be counted on for the parent club by 2011/2012.

Bye Bye, Big Papi.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Strasburg isn't in the minors because his pitching isn't good enough for the majors. He is there to learn the position. He hasn't had too many baserunners in his collegiate and professional career, so he has primarily pitched from the windup and needs some more practice pitching from the stretch and holding runners. AA hasn't helped that either, as he didn't allow a hit or walk last night in 5 innings. It was also stated that he needs improvement covering first base on balls hit to the right side of the infield, fielding bunts, etc.

But with no one challenging him at AA, it makes no sense to keep him there when AAA is available for the same kind of training.

David

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
Just looked at Lars Anderson's stats and was blown away how hot he has been lately:

** hit in 9 of last 10 games
** last four games (3 vs. Trenton, 1 vs. Binghamton, the affiliates of the Yanks and Mets): 8-14, HR, 5 RBI
** for the season: .355 (22-for-62), 5 HR, 16 RBI, just 7 K's vs. 16 BB, .408 OBP
** this is encouraging: .350 BA vs. lefties (7-for-20 with 2 doubles)

I really do wonder how long the Red Sox wait to promote him to AAA Pawtucket. Especially with the struggles in Boston at DH (Ortiz), the age and health of players (Lowell, Cameron). I could see a scenario where Anderson is playing first and Youkilis third next year. The Sox desperately need a LH power hitter in this lineup.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
bigpops65 said:
Jaypers said:
It's official - Stras is going to have at least one more start for Harrisburg, according to Rizzo.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/new ... p&c_id=was

If he gets promoted after this next start, the Syracuse Chiefs play in PAwtucket May 14-16. Please let the stars align to have Stras pitch in that series!

That was my thought when Harrisburg came into New Britain for a 4 game series last week......i don't think I need to tell you which of the 5 starters was missed in that series ::facepalm::

bmc398

May 25, 2009
leatherman said:
Strasburg isn't in the minors because his pitching isn't good enough for the majors. He is there to learn the position. He hasn't had too many baserunners in his collegiate and professional career, so he has primarily pitched from the windup and needs some more practice pitching from the stretch and holding runners. AA hasn't helped that either, as he didn't allow a hit or walk last night in 5 innings. It was also stated that he needs improvement covering first base on balls hit to the right side of the infield, fielding bunts, etc.

But with no one challenging him at AA, it makes no sense to keep him there when AAA is available for the same kind of training.

David
Couldn't have put it better myself...

Was at the UGA vs. Ga Tech game 2 nights ago and was shocked how bad some of the fielding fundamentals were...especially with the pitchers fielding and covering bases. There is obviously not an emphasis on this at the college level. It will be good for him just to get more game experience in playing the position in the minors....vs. jsut getting up there and hurling.

As soon as he has a bad start everybody is going to hop on the "he was rushed" bandwagon. This kid is for real, and while it will be tough to live up to the hype, everytime there is a knock on him he works hard, corrects it and looks even better than before. His breaking ball has come miles from where it even was at the begining of ST I hear. This kid is just plain nasty...

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
bigpops65 said:

This was my thinking as well, although David's reasoning behind Strasburg needing runners is sound.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
bungle77 said:
bigpops65 said:

This was my thinking as well, although David's reasoning behind Strasburg needing runners is sound.
Strasburg isn't skipping AAA

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
bmc398 said:
bungle77 said:
bigpops65 said:

Strasburg isn't skipping AAA

Thanks, I know that, this was posted before it was revealed he would be making a couple of starts in AAA. If you read the rest of the thread, you saw I posted I hoped Strasburg was going to pitch in Pawtucket when he gets promoted. Just sayin'.

Members online

Latest posts