Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

May Sub Discussion Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
We are now taking cards for the May Sub!

Freedom Card Board.com is proud to be the home of the best BGS group sub in the business. We offer the opportunity to submit cards to Beckett Grading Services to all of our members. When submitting please honor the following guidelines:

For new guidelines, please see the TOS, applicable from June forward at: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=48101&p=627527#p627527

Deadline is the 20th of the month, as always.

kidman232

Sep 17, 2008
kansas city
when we send paypal payment do we send it as a gift or regular payment? also whats the best cases to have the cards in when we ship them to you? thanks

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
kidman232 said:
when we send paypal payment do we send it as a gift or regular payment? also whats the best cases to have the cards in when we ship them to you? thanks

gift would be nice but either is fine. include your addy if you send as a gift.

card savers are the best cases to send in.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Piratesfan1418 said:
Any word on whether I could purchase a BGS storage box via the group sub?

Just sent an email to my contact, I'll let you know what he says.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
part of my lincecum sig goes a bit out of the designated box. will i get a bgs 9 for the autograph grade?

Will it effect value of it (worth grading still)?

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
darocker80 said:
part of my lincecum sig goes a bit out of the designated box. will i get a bgs 9 for the autograph grade?

Is the autograph on a sticker? If so it will affect the grade. My Polamalu signature ran off the sticker and it received a 9 auto grade. I didn't care because I was grading it for protection and not for future resale. If you plan on reselling in the future it might be a good idea to not grade it.

If this wasn't a sticker autograph question then please disregard. :)

B

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Piratesfan1418 said:
darocker80 said:

Is the autograph on a sticker? If so it will affect the grade. My Polamalu signature ran off the sticker and it received a 9 auto grade. I didn't care because I was grading it for protection and not for future resale. If you plan on reselling in the future it might be a good idea to not grade it.

If this wasn't a sticker autograph question then please disregard. :)

B
thank you very much, here is the card. super sharp looking/clean copy.

sc000e7ad9.jpg

Piratesfan1418

Aug 13, 2008
I'm not sure if they would mark the autograph grade down on that or not. Even though that is a defined window where the athlete is supposed to sign the surface isn't any different.

Maybe someone else will be able to give some advice on the issue.

B

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Your Lincecum grade will receive a 10 auto. I asked the same question about a Jared Mitchell chrome card I had. I asked a BGS rep at a show, who in turn, asked one of the on-site graders. The grader at that show (Hofstra) said that it did not affect the grade of ON CARD autographs.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
afrobandit said:
Your Lincecum grade will receive a 10 auto. I asked the same question about a Jared Mitchell chrome card I had. I asked a BGS rep at a show, who in turn, asked one of the on-site graders. The grader at that show (Hofstra) said that it did not affect the grade of ON CARD autographs.
Thank you very much!! Love your sig-Nice cards.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
So it seems like BGS has been a lot easier on corner grades (looking at my lincecums)

if i had one soft corner (top-back only) would u send it in?

Members online

Latest posts