Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I absolutely cant wait until Frank Mir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
beats the living crap out of Brock Lesssner---remember where you heard it--he did it once and the next time Mr. Mir will make it hurt much worse...

I cannot wait...

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
frank took advantage of an unexperienced fighter and got lucky. looking at his face after the first fight told the story. frank got his butt kicked for 140 seconds and came through in the last 3 and got the leg lock. wont happen next time. i will give him credit that he looked great tonight. i cant wait to see the rematch.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Lifelongfan said:
beats the living crap out of Brock Lesssner!
I cannot wait...

+1 :D

Mir looked very impressive. In great shape, very calm and collected and brought it to one of the greats in the HW Division. Rematch will be very exciting!

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
I think it will be a great fight. Wonder when the #1 Brock Lesnar fan will reply to this thread and start crying about the ref standing them up the last time :lol:

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
I can't wait until Brock Lesnar throws Mir's pretty boy ass on the ground and pounds him until he's knocked out cold. I mean, NOG wasn't doing anything last night, he was practically letting Mir beat the crap out of him. Lesnar was inexperienced the first time, but granted Mir was knowledgeable in catching him in the leg lock. Lesnar will be a new and improved fighter this time around, and will beat the crap out of Mir. And to the person above me, it was bs last time they fought. Lesnar was in a dominate position, one hit to the back of the head, no warning, and was pulled off. That's insane. Most of the time there is 2-3 warnings before position is taken away. IMO if a warning was issued and Lesnar was not taken off he would have won. Just look at the video

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
Just like Mir said last night when ask if he had anything to say to lesner "be careful what you wish for". I think Mir beats him in convincing fashion. If I have to watch UFC with the Oger as the champ---I just dont know if I can do it.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Mir is just too cocky for me to handle, I also believe he said last night people will remember the fight for the break that's going to happen, or something along those lines. Give me a break

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
yankeefan812 said:
I can't wait until Brock Lesnar throws Mir's pretty boy ass on the ground and pounds him until he's knocked out cold. I mean, NOG wasn't doing anything last night, he was practically letting Mir beat the crap out of him. Lesnar was inexperienced the first time, but granted Mir was knowledgeable in catching him in the leg lock. Lesnar will be a new and improved fighter this time around, and will beat the crap out of Mir. And to the person above me, it was bs last time they fought. Lesnar was in a dominate position, one hit to the back of the head, no warning, and was pulled off. That's insane. Most of the time there is 2-3 warnings before position is taken away. IMO if a warning was issued and Lesnar was not taken off he would have won. Just look at the video

Amen.

The people complaining about Lesnar dont want to look at the facts and how the fight really played out.

I am stoked for the rematch!

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
Mir isn't crazy enough to try and stand and trade with Lesnar.He needs to come out and be ready for takedown when and if the time arrises.Lesner would be completly suprised if Mir went for the takedown.I believe that's the only way that Mir wins is to take Lesnar down and start throwing elbows and open a cut or try for a submission from top.

It can be done.Although i see Lesner winning by Knockout!

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
i understand that some of you are sayin the ref standing them up was bs but that didnt look like an accidental hit to the back of the head lesner is inexperienced and probably didnt even realize that he was hitting him in the head. I mean a solid shot like that to the back of the head, could change the whole fight, would you really feel satisfaction if the ref let them keep goin and the hit to the back of the head was the major factor of a ko??? Plus Mir's face was in the mat. that makes a difference too. Its the rules!!! So get over it!!! also watch the fight again right before the ref stood them up mirr was setting up lesner's leg then they stood, back to the leg again, he knew what it would take to beat him and he did it. That makes him a better fighter, thats why he won the fight!!!!!!

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
mikieward10 said:
i understand that some of you are sayin the ref standing them up was bs but that didnt look like an accidental hit to the back of the head lesner is inexperienced and probably didnt even realize that he was hitting him in the head. I mean a solid shot like that to the back of the head, could change the whole fight, would you really feel satisfaction if the ref let them keep goin and the hit to the back of the head was the major factor of a ko??? Plus Mir's face was in the mat. that makes a difference too. Its the rules!!! So get over it!!! also watch the fight again right before the ref stood them up mirr was setting up lesner's leg then they stood, back to the leg again, he knew what it would take to beat him and he did it. That makes him a better fighter, thats why he won the fight!!!!!!

what are you talking about!? Are you trying to say Lesnar hit the back of Mir's head on purpose because he was inexperienced? Load of crap. Watch the video. You can see Lesnar hitting Mir clean until Mir props up and Lesnar accidental hits the back of Mir's head because of the way he positioned himself. And its not like Mir looked drastically affected by the shot either, didn't even look like he knew until the ref told him then he acted it out. If you've watched UFC before you'd realize warnings are given out, and it's ridiculous one wasn't.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
mikieward10 said:
i understand that some of you are sayin the ref standing them up was bs but that didnt look like an accidental hit to the back of the head lesner is inexperienced and probably didnt even realize that he was hitting him in the head.

Brock's fight is one of the only fights ive seen in a long time where he docked a point and pulled them apart on the first hit to the back of the head.

The inexperience of Brock makes the call that much more worse.

Alot of Lesnar haters on the board, and Im not exactly sure why

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
Lifelongfan said:
beats the living crap out of Brock Lesssner---remember where you heard it--he did it once and the next time Mr. Mir will make it hurt much worse...

I cannot wait...

yeah mir killed lesnar last time....NOT

G

yankeefan812 said:
mikieward10 said:

what are you talking about!? Are you trying to say Lesnar hit the back of Mir's head on purpose because he was inexperienced? Load of crap. Watch the video. You can see Lesnar hitting Mir clean until Mir props up and Lesnar accidental hits the back of Mir's head because of the way he positioned himself. And its not like Mir looked drastically affected by the shot either, didn't even look like he knew until the ref told him then he acted it out. If you've watched UFC before you'd realize warnings are given out, and it's ridiculous one wasn't.

I've been trying to explain to him for MONTHS that the stand up was ********! He just doesn't get it.

G

HPC said:
mikieward10 said:
i understand that some of you are sayin the ref standing them up was bs but that didnt look like an accidental hit to the back of the head lesner is inexperienced and probably didnt even realize that he was hitting him in the head.

Brock's fight is one of the only fights ive seen in a long time where he docked a point and pulled them apart on the first hit to the back of the head.

I see fighters get hit in the back of the head and only hear the ref give verbal warnings and only stand them up if they keep on doing it and it's blatant.

That fight is the very first time I have ever seen a ref stand them up, AND dock them fighter on top a point for a first infraction.

It was ******** then, and it is ******** now. Like Dana White said last week. "Stevbe Mazagatti is NOT a referee."

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
Sam Banks said:
HPC said:
mikieward10 said:

I see fighters get hit in the back of the head and only hear the ref give verbal warnings and only stand them up if they keep on doing it and it's blatant.

That fight is the very first time I have ever seen a ref stand them up, AND dock them fighter on top a point for a first infraction.

It was *censor* then, and it is *censor* now. Like Dana White said last week. "Stevbe Mazagatti is NOT a referee."

Even if the stand up was B.S., Lesnar still took him down afterwards. Are you going to blame the ref for Lesnar getting caught in the submission?

G

hector234 said:
Sam Banks said:
HPC said:
mikieward10 said:

It was *censor* then, and it is *censor* now. Like Dana White said last week. "Stevbe Mazagatti is NOT a referee."

Even if the stand up was B.S., Lesnar still took him down afterwards. Are you going to blame the ref for Lesnar getting caught in the submission?

No, but the fight was in danger of not even lasting 20 more seconds before the stand up, and in my opinion it wouldn't have because Mir wasn't intelligently defending himself at the time of the stand up. He was pretty much just laying there taking a beating. If that ****** referee wouldn't have stood them up, there would have never been an opportunity for the submission to happen.

You guys want to hate on Lesnar, hate on him. But don't be completely oblivious to what actually happened.

Brock got subbed by a great BJJ fighter, AFTER the ref stood them up and took away a point under ******** circumstnaces by a ****** referee AND after making a blatant rookie mistake that won't happen the next time they fight.

Mir's in for a world of hurt in April.

He's going to think getting hit by that car on his motorcycle was a walk in the park compared to what Brock will do to him.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
Sam Banks said:
hector234 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3nsotd31]
HPC said:
mikieward10 said:

No, but the fight was in danger of not even lasting 20 more seconds before the stand up, and in my opinion it wouldn't have because Mir wasn't intelligently defending himself at the time of the stand up. He was pretty much just laying there taking a beating. If that shatty referee wouldn't have stood them up, there would have never been an opportunity for the submission to happen.

You guys want to hate on Lesnar, hate on him. But don't be completely oblivious to what actually happened.

Brock got subbed by a great BJJ fighter, AFTER the ref stood them up and took away a point under *censor* circumstnaces by a shatty referee AND after making a blatant rookie mistake that won't happen the next time they fight.

He's going to think getting hit by that car on his motorcycle was a walk in the park compared to what Brock will do to him.[/quote:3nsotd31]

He wasn't just laying there, he was trying to defend himself, Brock just had a very dominant position. And he did hit him on the back of the head a few times, so thats not bad circumstances. Im not hating on Brock, but some of the things you say are very bias

G

hector234 said:
Sam Banks said:
hector234 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1c11mfou]
HPC said:
mikieward10 said:

No, but the fight was in danger of not even lasting 20 more seconds before the stand up, and in my opinion it wouldn't have because Mir wasn't intelligently defending himself at the time of the stand up. He was pretty much just laying there taking a beating. If that shatty referee wouldn't have stood them up, there would have never been an opportunity for the submission to happen.

Brock got subbed by a great BJJ fighter, AFTER the ref stood them up and took away a point under *censor* circumstnaces by a shatty referee AND after making a blatant rookie mistake that won't happen the next time they fight.

He's going to think getting hit by that car on his motorcycle was a walk in the park compared to what Brock will do to him.

He wasn't just laying there, he was trying to defend himself, Brock just had a very dominant position. And he did hit him on the back of the head a few times, so thats not bad circumstances. Im not hating on Brock, but some of the things you say are very bias[/quote:1c11mfou]

Mir was COWERING. I don't think they are biased at all. I think they are truths.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
Sam Banks said:
hector234 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":t8h7zgdr]
hector234 said:
[quote="Sam Banks":t8h7zgdr]
HPC said:
mikieward10 said:

He wasn't just laying there, he was trying to defend himself, Brock just had a very dominant position. And he did hit him on the back of the head a few times, so thats not bad circumstances. Im not hating on Brock, but some of the things you say are very bias[/quote:t8h7zgdr]

Mir was COWERING. I don't think they are biased at all. I think they are truths.[/quote:t8h7zgdr]

You are bringing up a stand up by an assigned official and calling it B.S. only because its Lesnar. There have been other questionable calls by officials, but you always lead back to it. I dont think Mir was going to get knocked out, or be out any time soon. He was still defending, and he was trying to get Lesnar to make a mistake and look for an opening to submit him, which happened

Members online

Latest posts