Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Less People Opening Product this Year????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
Is it me or does it just seem like there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less new stuff on ebay this year? Seems like its really really slow this year. Not sure if its just because the Steelers have their usual players from the past few years or what... I know the economy is bad, but it just seems ridiculously slow this year.

How is it for your team/player in 2009/2010?

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
HEAVYHITTER said:
Is it me or does it just seem like there is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less new stuff on ebay this year? Seems like its really really slow this year. Not sure if its just because the Steelers have their usual players from the past few years or what... I know the economy is bad, but it just seems ridiculously slow this year.

How is it for your team/player in 2009/2010?

My buddy who does a Stafford PC and I (with Moreno) discuss this a lot. Your big name products showed up reasonably well but tons of other product just didnt get the love. For instance, looking at Moreno cards numbered to 25... I would say 6-10 of them showed up of each of the 3 Topps Chrome cards numbered to 25... whereas only 3 have shown up of the Platinum Auto Patch, 1 of the Mayo Harvard/Red Backs, only a handful of the 2 dif Finest refractors, etc. (I mostly only pursue topps products).

By my measure, there has to be a LOT of unopened Chicle, Mayo, Unique and Platinum and quite a bit unopened Finest.

This is based 100% on eBay searches compared to other products. Not scientific.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I have noticed as a player collector that some of the less popular products don't pop up as much, but I figure that's to be expected. UD Philadelphia autos have been a beyotch to find, simply because people aren't opening the product. When they do come up, they go for more than a comparable auto.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I think most of it is that there hasn't been a new product (other than sage/press pass) in quite awhile now should heat up in the next couple weeks

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
Groat said:
I have noticed as a player collector that some of the less popular products don't pop up as much, but I figure that's to be expected. UD Philadelphia autos have been a beyotch to find, simply because people aren't opening the product. When they do come up, they go for more than a comparable auto.

I know exactly how you feel....that's why this year I'm jumping on product as it hits the bay....I usually wait on it but I learned from last year that you might have to wait up to six months before you see cards of you guys from earlier releases to pop up again and pay just as much or more for them.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
J-Rod said:
I think most of it is that there hasn't been a new product (other than sage/press pass) in quite awhile now should heat up in the next couple weeks

wouldnt the lack of new product cause people to open more preexisting product? i dont see '10 stuff helping people seeking '09 stuff.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
rehmus said:
J-Rod said:

wouldnt the lack of new product cause people to open more preexisting product? i dont see '10 stuff helping people seeking '09 stuff.
no. once the first 2010 products hit, 2009 products go out the window

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
One thing I've seen a big increase in is BIN auctions. On most of my pre built searches when I click "Auction Only" it's only 20 to 30% of the listings. I really thought that the 100 free listings a month thing would lessen that but it hasn't that I've seen.

I hope to open ZERO new product next season, still debaating on going out with a case of The Cup. ::facepalm::

I think it could be a good year for cards I know my business has really picked up since the start of the year. (please let the trend continue)

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
As far as 2010 products go, has anyone heard any checklists for the upcoming products yet?

And it seems to me that there is a lot less product out there. Either that or I've basically cleaned up Hasselbeck, which I find hard to believe! But Ebay is really not producing much I need!

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
SeattlefantillIdie said:
As far as 2010 products go, has anyone heard any checklists for the upcoming products yet?

And it seems to me that there is a lot less product out there. Either that or I've basically cleaned up Hasselbeck, which I find hard to believe! But Ebay is really not producing much I need!

Looks like some of the checklists are up....this is the site I always check, usually have sellsheets/checklists up before I see them on here or even Blowout.

http://magazine-exchange.com/index.php? ... c9ba0a593f

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, I definitely noticed.

It's almost like even /25 cards are the equivalent of 1/1's now
because nothing is being opened, only one of them pops up.
Miss out at this rate and you're screwed.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Does the impending lockout have any implications on hobby activity. Does a possible work stoppage keep people from investing in product?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
stu said:
Does the impending lockout have any implications on hobby activity. Does a possible work stoppage keep people from investing in product?

I can say that personally that's never crossed my mind.

Though now that you've mentioned that - maybe that is something to worry about. :lol:

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Snyper said:
Yeah, I definitely noticed.

It's almost like even /25 cards are the equivalent of 1/1's now
because nothing is being opened, only one of them pops up.
Miss out at this rate and you're screwed.

EXACTLY. I had a moreno chicle 'topps back' #/25 get "lost in the mail" and even though i got refunded for it I was really pissed because of how hard itll be to get another.

ironically another one is up now... for 5x what i paid for mine.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
rehmus - can you please adjust your sig? Its way too long and screws everything up. Maybe make the rainbow pic two lines? Thanks dude!

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Gellman said:
rehmus - can you please adjust your sig? Its way too long and screws everything up. Maybe make the rainbow pic two lines? Thanks dude!

:lol: :lol:

You can't be serious lol. Working for sportstard forum now?? Does not affect anything on my end. Looks great

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
wheeler281 said:
Gellman said:

:lol: :lol:

You can't be serious lol. Working for sportstard forum now?? Does not affect anything on my end. Looks great

Postage stamp sigs FTW!!!!!! :lol:

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
It just stretches the words out so far that us poor folk with crappy monitors cant read everything normally. No offense intended, besides, this isnt the tard forum,

this is SPARTA!!!, or FCB or whatever.

Members online

Latest posts