Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Discussion: What is the longest you have held prospect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
I know that there are many who have been prospecting a long time and it got me thinking, what is the longest time you have held a prospect before they hit it big? not talking about small profits I mean big time money. I have held a certain football player, matt schaub bc gold ref, for a bit, but in actuality this will be his third year starting.

no baseball really, but wes might be the longest. he is still in the mix to some extent and the move to 1b helped.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Depending on how you look at it:

Carl Crawford- Been picking him up since around 2001. Have bought and sold some smaller cards over the years but sitting on 20 9.5's (out of 47 in existence) and in theory plan on selling when he really explodes.

BJ Upton- For a guy who hasn't really broken out as a player, he's probably the longest I've actively picked up, since 2002 and I still look to pick up his stuff when they are cheap.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Howie Kendrick
Chris Nelson
Angel Salome

Still holding from 2004.

*Sigh*

k5.jpg

KendrickRefsBGS2.jpg

Salome_2.jpg

Salome_1.jpg

Salome_1.jpg

CNbgs.jpg

NelsonRedHotAutos.jpg

NelsonRedHotAutos.jpg

NelsonChromeXfractors.jpg

I need to rescan my (8) BGS 9.5 2004 Sterling Black Refractors #'d /16.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I have been holding some super high end Jay Bruce FY stuff for a few years now. I doubt it goes anywhere anytime soon, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a superstar one day.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Jays_Cards said:
I have been holding some super high end Jay Bruce FY stuff for a few years now. I doubt it goes anywhere anytime soon, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be a superstar one day.

i am holding his bowman heritage red ink auto for this reason.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Anytime you hold another man longer than 2-3 seconds it start to get a little weird. IMO

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I've held Hernan Iribarren for 5+ years now. I don't know if he will take off, but if he can do in Texas what Kinsler and Cruz did (maybe not power, but production), I could make a good deal.

Otherwise, since I have a TON of his high-end cards, I might just package them all up and send them to him one day.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Upper Deck has been holding my Kershaw rookie jersey auto for a few years ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

other than that only other rookie I have is my Porcello red. although he is good now hes only getting better

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
donrusscrusademan said:
Upper Deck has been holding my Kershaw rookie jersey auto for a few years ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

other than that only other rookie I have is my Porcello red. although he is good now hes only getting better

Oh really? Have you seen his stats so far?

Yikes.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
For me it is Scott Kazmir. Been sitting on his stuff for a while. Hopefully he can stay healthy and work depepr into games

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Huffamaniac said:
For me it is Scott Kazmir. Been sitting on his stuff for a while. Hopefully he can stay healthy and work depepr into games

I think what you mean to say is, "I hope he gets his slider back and stops actin' like a pansy-ass fastball-change pitcher"

You could've said the same thing about LIriano last year..

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
NECpilgrims8 said:
donrusscrusademan said:

Oh really? Have you seen his stats so far?

Yikes.

yeah he has been getting the absolute crap kicked out of him this year but he will bounce back.

Members online

Latest posts