Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 4/30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Cubs already won today with Randy Wells moving to 3-0 on the year.

Rick Porcello is on the mound for Detroit, I'm hoping to watch him bounce back from two bad starts in a row.

It's a full night of Major League action, who are you watching tonight?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Thanks to the Cubs, for stopping Arizona.

Tonight's match-up with the Giants, is pretty anticipated. It's unfortunate that it isn't under normal, main-starting-pitchers-are-healthy circumstance.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Will be out the door within 15 minutes to head to the Trop.........hopefully the Rays will make it six in a row.

Will be looking for Jeff Niemann to shut down KC and the offense to bang out at least 12 hits off Brian Bannister.

James Shields Custom T-Shirt Giveaway Tonight, shirt looks like a cross between an Affliction and Ed Hardy T, very interesting giveaway for a baseball game.

ZZ Top in concert after the game tomorrow, haha.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
man I feel bad for porcello in this one. hes keeping the ball down this time and they just got a double anyway

and now a homer, he has unraveled

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
donrusscrusademan said:
man I feel bad for porcello in this one. hes keeping the ball down this time and they just got a double anyway

and now a homer, he has unraveled

The thing about Porcello is that even when he isn't pitching well, he doesn't unravel. He's got great makeup on the mound.

That double was a weakly hit groundball on a hit and run that ended up in no-man's-land. Lucky that it wasn't a double play ball, let alone a double. The homer was on a breaking ball that Hunter appeared to be sitting on.

No one is really hitting the ball hard against him other than Hunter's homer, but when you pitch to contact like Porcello does, you run into bad luck sometimes. That said, he's now given up 16 runs in his last two starts plus the first three innings of tonight. Not very impressive numbers.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Gerald Laird just tied it up with a 2 run shot and Scott Sizemore made it back to back with his first major league homer to give the Tigers a 5-4 lead.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Gerald Laird just tied it up with a 2 run shot and Scott Sizemore made it back to back with his first major league homer to give the Tigers a 5-4 lead.

cool, are the Mariners going to get sole possession of 1st by the end of today? :cool:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Austin Jackson 3-3. Thoughts on his lack of power and high K rate so far? The average is there. His cards have heated up a bit.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
AKA Coastal said:
Austin Jackson 3-3. Thoughts on his lack of power and high K rate so far? The average is there. His cards have heated up a bit.

If he's gonna be a leadoff hitter and hit the way he has so far this season, does it matter if he never reaches the power potential everyone was raving about when he was in the minors? I think he will eventually find it in his stroke and be a 15 homer kind of guy, but I'd be happy if he hit .340 and nothing but singles.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3pihwqhq]Austin Jackson 3-3. Thoughts on his lack of power and high K rate so far? The average is there. His cards have heated up a bit.

If he's gonna be a leadoff hitter and hit the way he has so far this season, does it matter if he never reaches the power potential everyone was raving about when he was in the minors? I think he will eventually find it in his stroke and be a 15 homer kind of guy, but I'd be happy if he hit .340 and nothing but singles.[/quote:3pihwqhq]

Just ripped his 4th single of the game. He's taking the ball to all fields too. Guy looks like a natural, power or no power.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1wesqwj7][quote="AKA Coastal":1wesqwj7]Austin Jackson 3-3. Thoughts on his lack of power and high K rate so far? The average is there. His cards have heated up a bit.

If he's gonna be a leadoff hitter and hit the way he has so far this season, does it matter if he never reaches the power potential everyone was raving about when he was in the minors? I think he will eventually find it in his stroke and be a 15 homer kind of guy, but I'd be happy if he hit .340 and nothing but singles.[/quote:1wesqwj7]

Just ripped his 4th single of the game. He's taking the ball to all fields too. Guy looks like a natural, power or no power.[/quote:1wesqwj7]

No doubt he can hit. I just don't know if he can keep the average up with the strikeout rate so far ,but he has gone his last 3 games with no K's.

He's got to be in the lead in the ROY chase so far.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
mlbfan10 said:
Heyward 2-run HR(6)!!!!!! :D :D

I was telling my mother about Heyward as he came up & she said "he didn't do worth a shizt in his 1st at-bat"... 1st pitch he sends it out past the centerfield wall! ::facepalm:: :lol:

She shook her head & walked off saying "I hate the Braves, we always have trouble with them"! :lol: