Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angel Salome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Brewers prospect catcher Angel Salome will take an extended leave of absence.
Salmome originally left Triple-A Nashville to prepare for the birth of a child, but eventually informed the Brewers that he was "struggling mentally" and was not ready to return to action. "He will go to Phoenix on Tuesday to work on getting mentally and physically prepared to play baseball again," said assistant general manager Gord Ash. "He said he’s not mentally prepared to play at this time." Salome, 23, batted .286/.334/.413 with six homers and 44 RBI with Nashville last season. Jonathan Lucroy has passed him as the organization's best catching prospect.

sportzluvr1

Jan 16, 2009
19braves77 said:
wife probably wants him to quit and he doesn't want too....

If this is indeed true, why the hell would she possibly want this? It's not like he's a 26 year old catcher still playing in low-A ball. He still has a bright future ahead of him, in my eyes.

Maybe she wants him to pump gas instead?

-Gauge.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This is all Lucroy's fault. Not really, but if someone's going to tell me that getting passed by the guy drafted 3 years after him in 2 years doesn't get in your head, I'd say you're crazy.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Salome had mental issues to begin with. His first suspension was not for a direct PED, but from Aderol, which he took under a Dr's prescription I believe.

Kind of a shame, but I would bet he's back in a couple of weeks.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
pujolsjunkie said:
Salome originally left Triple-A Nashville to prepare for the birth of a child, but eventually informed the Brewers that he was "struggling mentally" and was not ready to return to action.
It says he originally left for the birth of a child, but eventually informed the Brewers he was "struggling mentally."

I'm sure I'm over-analyzing it, but maybe Salome found out the baby is not his, and that's why he's "mentally struggling."

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Austin said:
pujolsjunkie said:
Salome originally left Triple-A Nashville to prepare for the birth of a child, but eventually informed the Brewers that he was "struggling mentally" and was not ready to return to action.
It says he originally left for the birth of a child, but eventually informed the Brewers he was "struggling mentally."

I'm sure I'm over-analyzing it, but maybe Salome found out the baby is not his, and that's why he's "mentally struggling."

...or maybe the child was born with a condition or something. Sad, but possible.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
19braves77 said:
Adrol is a purty boring drug.

Okay, its probably Lucroy's baby. Would that not be a South Park & Jerry Springer twist ?

That's pretty messed up, but it made me chuckle...

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
PED related?

Not every ball player that takes a leave has to do with PED's.

no..but he was busted for being on them in 07.....not saying PEDs have anything to do w/ it...just stating that could be why he put that.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
19braves77 said:
or the wife the probably wants him to quit and help out with the baby.....

He took Aderol for anxiety.

Maybe there is an "Aderol" and he accidentally took Anadrol 50(A-50 if you wanna go by street name) then got nailed by MLB for PED. I had a HUGE stash of this kid back in the day...I'm pretty sure if I looked I could find at least 50-100 Bowman Chrome rcs still that I failed to unload. He had huge upside, and was so projectable...SIGH! I think hes pretty much done now anyone still holding is gunna eat them :x

Members online